Should I try to make it work or not?

I've been dating a guy for 4 months who I care about a lot. He's the only person who has ever fully respected me and who I know I can trust. From the beginning it has been different from anything else I've experienced. I've always had a lot of insecurities and distrust until I met him. And he cares a lot about me

He might be moving away for his job for 3 years and then his plan is to come back and become a cop. My best friend said she thinks we should break up when he leaves (because of the distance and because he'll have a dangerous job when he's back), but I kind of feel like we could make it work. We only see each other every couple weeks or sometimes less often than that because we're both so busy. And I'm not one of those people who needs to be in contact all the time. But is my friend right? Just because he's the best person I've ever been with, does that mean I shouldn't try to make it work because he'll have a dangerous job someday?

Most Helpful Guy

• With his ability to satisfy your mistrust and insecurity issues I think you'd have to consider him a gem. All jobs are dangerous and many are more dangerous than cop so I don't see that as a real issue.
    So I'm saying DON'T break up with him and if there is ANY POSSIBILITY you should even move to be close to him for the next three years. If you lose him he won't be easy to replace.

What Guys Said 1

• If you think it can work, you lose nothing by trying to keep your relationship. Fight for what you want.

What Girls Said 1

• he's too far away. the right man will find you.