Girls and Guys! What do you think a good age to start dating is?

Just a random question I though up.. :)

Thanks :)

Please vote, THEN comment :)

• 15 and under
  • 16-20
  • 21+

Most Helpful Guy

• 16ish. Good to have transportation other than mommy/daddy. Also its possible to get a job then so you could have the money to do whatever you wanted on the date. I have a sister that wants to date but she is 13 and doesn't live near her boyfriend so its hard for her to even see him outside of school.

What Guys Said 4

• below 15 you really don't know what your doing. your too immature to stay with the same girl for more than a week and you don't have any money to go anywhere or do anything. at 16-20 you start getting a job start learning yourself and learn how to grow up a bit and hopefully more mature than you were and actually able to pick up your date on something other than a bicycle

• Yes, they are too young to stay with one partner for any length of time, that is the reason for starting early. One needs to experience a variety of personalities before bonding with one person for an extended time. It is my opinion that the high divorce rate can in part be due to people pairing off too young, before they know themselves and their true desires.

• You are not discussing dating, rather you are refering to some form of relationship. I don't aprove of relationships for teens. Dating is 1 or 2 dates before changing partners.

• Not trying to be rude or talk you down but what are you talking about dave? Dating IS a 'form of relationship' ; as you are referring to it..im not talking about a one night stand and then you keep hooking up..

THATS what your referring to in you whole, "Dating is 1 or 2 dates before changing partners"

sorry bud!

• When you've matured and learned responsibility.

• I started dating in the 4th grade. 17 relationships later, I'm engaged. I say the younger the better.

• I think it just depends on how mature the individual is. Age isn't really an important factor.

What Girls Said 11

• each individual should start dating when they feel they are ready for it.

• 16 Because you understand what it's about and what you're getting into a lot more than when you're younger.

• 16 and 17 are the best ages anything else is way to young.

• Casual dating starting around 16 and continue that way until you feel you are ready for something more serious. This gives you time to think about what a more serious thing serious dating is compared to just dating friends and having a good time.

• about 16...i think this 12yo's going out stuff is stupid. they can have friendships but there's no way you can have a relationship at that age.

• 16 and up, younger than that, it's just ridiculous and immature. No offense intended.

• Casual dating, maybe 16 or 17... More serious dating... when you're in college... or after you graduate college and have a real job. Just my opinion. I'm not really a dater... at least not yet.

• i say fourteen at least if the person in question is mentally and emotionally mature and understand relationships at that age usually d not last very long.

• 13 IF your mature that is.

• 16-20 15 and under you don't really get what your doing and it just turns into an awkward mess

• I think you should at least be a teenager, but my first date I was in 8th grade.