If you're a short guy, you are physically unattractive to women, period. True or false?

Regardless of weight, eyes, hair, smile, physique, etc. If you're a short guy, you are PHYSICALLY unattractive to women, period.

• True
  • False
The votes are pretty different between guys and girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel proud to stand taller in my heels next to my bf and so is he.

What Girls Said 67

• er no. i have crushed on dudes from like 5'4 to 6'4 lol. i don't discriminate.

• I'm afraid this is generally true for me, but only because I am tall. I have seen hot short guys, but short isn't for me.

• I'm sorry, but height does matter to me. I was set out on a date with someone who was 5' and I'm 5'8". He was a complete jerk and very unattractive outside and in and he treated me like a piece of property even though we weren't dating. I'm not generalizing all short men, I was just giving an example.
    Now I'm with someone who is 5'7" and he makes me happy and knows how to treat me.

• You definitley worded that like a generalization, height doesn't influence behavior.

• Still I won't date someone who's shorter than me. Just my preference. I didn't state that all of them act that way.

• If you're a short girl sometimes you prefer a bf who's nearer your height so short guys are perfect for that

• Under 5'3" guys are definitely always not attractive to me. I'm sure some don't care and I'd I'm sure some women prefer it though. :)

• Extremely false.
    I've found many short guys attractive.

• I know a few couples that have been together for years and the guy is shorter (my parents included). It doesn't bother me at all, but I have never met a guy over the age of 13 that has been shorter than me though haha.

• Noooo! Idk who told you this but it's false. Although girls love to look up at their boys we still find short guys cute, my bf is the same height as me but I still think he's handsome and I always have

• Nope, some girls like short guys.. There is someone out there for everyone if you look hard enough. Plus, I have a feeling that many girls who would usually go for taller guys wouldn't look past a short guy if she was attracted to his looks (regardless of height) and personality :)

• Not true. I have met short guys who are very attractive to women.

• False.
    Attractive to me comes from an emotional bond with the person, not physical appearance. I only feel physically attracted to someone if I have first developed a very strong emotional connection/relationship with them, and when I am emotionally attached to someone, that will automatically make me physically attracted to them as well :)

• False, one of the best looking guys in the world to me is about 5'3

• Somebody famous?

• Fair enough... Maybe he thinks it makes him taller? :-P We should go tell him that short guys are hot, and maybe he'll ditch the fedoras? Road trip time!

• Speaking of this I just started talking to a dude today (literally a few hours ago) who's hardcore flirting with me... I think he said he's 5'4 but unf is he attractive

• Ian Somerhalder, one of the most desirable men on the planet, is a shortie!
    Before anyone tries to bring up his measurements, I met him, I know lol

• He's average height..

• Pfft "quite good looking"?
      Understatement of the century!

• Nope he is like 5ft9 or 5ft10 and by the way I am 5ft6 and I don't consider myself very short, more like regular short maybe by today's standards have gone up though like any guy under 5ft8 is very short I don't know... height can be subjective depending on the environment you grew up

• I haven't met anyone that i shorter than me that i was attracted to. I mean, it'd be nice at least if the guy was the same height as me

• False! I don't look at height really. Unless he's shorter than me, I'm 5ft exactly so that is rare, but still not a deal breaker.

• I'm a shorty myself, so what do I care? An attractive guy is an attractive guy, regardless of height.

• It depends on the guy.
    I am 5'8. And i DONT prefer short guys, infact the ones who are of same height with me. If I meet a short guy, i decide then itself, that I'll never be physically attracted to him.
    BUT my physics teacher. He's a bit shorter than me, but i have a HUGE crush on him. He's the first short guy I've had a crush on. He is smart, funny, sweet, and HOT. Or cute. Whatever.
    So it depends on the guy's other traits, not just his height.

• I mean if i get a chance to jump on that body, i wouldn't care if he's short! I'd go for it

• In my opinion, just because you are short doesnt mean you arent attractive. Plus girls can be short too!

• There are plenty attractive short men

• Not true. I have always had a thing for shorter guys. I am also more about personality but I know you are talking about physical attractiveness. A lot of girls like short guys.

• It all depends on the girls personal taste. Some girls just don't find short guys attractive. It's like not like blondes or blue eyed people. But I personaly prefer a guy to be taller than I am. Although that does not mean I would not date a short guy. The length of a person doesn't really matter in the long term.

• Untrue
    I saw guys who are not tall have girlfriends

• They aren't unattractive just because of height but I'm not usually interested in dating them. I prefer a man taller then me.

• No way! there's more to a guy than his height!! :)

• I tend to be more attracted to taller guys, but I always end up with short ones.

• False, even though I'm tall I've still found some short men attractive.

• Well how short are we talkin?

• it really depends you could be short to a girl and tall to another, and besides that will be very judgmental to classify all short guys unattractive.

• THAT is so false

• Well I prefer taller guys but as long as your my height or above you're cool but relationships with shorter guys usually end up badly in my experience

• More from Girls
    37

What Guys Said 26

• Shorter guys will have to make more of an effort and it will be harder to meet and date women, true; but this applies to a lot of perceived issues a guy could have. Being short, being poor, being ugly, being immature... it's about not letting the problem hold you back. Yes, to the general population of many women, it's enough to cut you out. Some women will learn to love the guy for who he is, and height won't matter. For many girls, it'll be an issue. For many, it'll be an excuse.

It just take more effort in other areas to make up for it, that's all. If you're short, but have Brad Pitt looks, then you're probably set, and height won't be an issue. Being short doesn't make you ugly. But generally speaking, it will make you less attractive to many women. It's something you can't really control, so you just get by the best you can.

• Height is a universal sign of status and power which is traits that appeal to many women.
    It's also represented in language with sayings like "look up to people" and "look down".

That doesn't mean that short men are doomed. Just that taller usually have a small advantage. But that can be overcome by other traits.

• Utterly, totally false! A short guy will never be unattractive due to height for girls shorter than him, usually.

• I'm a short guy and I attract women all the time, even women taller than me have liked in the past. It's the short guys who have an insecurity about their height and make a big deal out of it and feel they have to overcompensate for it which turn women off.

Short guys like me who are laid back about our height and laugh off the jibes that get thrown our way are the men that attract women because we aren't insecure, we're secure and no matter your height being secure with who you are and what you are is a very attractive and admirable trait.

• Tall guys feel gawky, shorter guys feel inferior. Nobody is 'perfect', there is no one ideal appearance. There are definitely great looking short guys.

• No short man feels inferior. We are simply treated this way a lot of the time.

• I've had friends treated that way. They've been fooled by the whole 'Perception is reality' thing. I'm glad you don't feel that way.

• False. To a lot of girls you will be unattractive, but to others you won't be as long as you have other attractive qualities to make up for it - the most important in my opinion being a muscular/athletic physique. Most of the girls I've been with have been taller than me, a couple by 6 inches.

• True, SUCK IT, SHORTY.

Not really. I've actually seen guys who were 5'6"-5'7" pulling in women like hot cakes. It depends more on who you are, and some women don't like their men to be too much taller.

• Height is a factor in a male's physical appearance, but it doesn't render a short guy physically unattractive automatically.

• Kevin Hart begs the differ.
    warmjello.com/.../kevin-hart-eniko.jpg

• TOTALLY false.

there are girls who don't give a shit about height

• I hate to make this example (obvious reasons) but take a look at RSD Tyler. 5'9" balding ginger with an annoying voice. Yet he is the one of the best in the industry. Looks arent that important to women. Yes, your looks do get involved in the first impression but after that they're basically redundant.

• Well let break it to you my friend it can't be said that all of 100% of women are not attracted to shorter guys. there will always be those exceptions. but you asked period true or false the majority of taller women are going to ignore the shorter ones. so yes its true.

• Its true to an extent but everyone is different. I know from experience. Also lol at using famous people as examples. Height matters but other things can overcome height or lack thereof.

• I'm not attracted to female periods in any way...

• I take severe offense to this. Im 15, 5.7 and girls find me attractive. This is about as false as green eggs and ham are good.

• Depends on the man.

• It's true for me. I'm short and I don't attract girls. :(

• id say false. but shorter men usually have a harder time than tall ones

• Na that is false man.

• false I'm tall and most women find me repulsive

• If she's short also then your good

• there is less chance, but not wholly no...

• Typically, she wants someone who's taller than her. It would depend on the girl. So, a 6'0 girl is probably not going to want to date a guy who's 5'0, for many reasons... however, I would think that the perfect guy everywhere else, but his height, would make her shallow, if she didn't go with him. Most likely because she doesn't want her friends judging her for it. You can't let other people dictate who you fall for. You like people, go for it!

• I'm 3"5 and get laid at least 5 times a day.

• I'm around 5'4" ish and every girl who has ever liked me has been taller. The shortest girl who has liked me was 1 or 2 inches taller than me. So I'd say it's false.

• My buddy is like 5'7 every girl he's ever been with was taller than him so girls don't find short guys unattractive. Also I had a friend who is legit like 5'3 and he has like 3 more kills than I do.