Has anyone here ever been 'catfished'?

Well i am watching catfish and i just wondered has anyone ever experienced this if so how did you find out etc etc

by the way i mean like you got into an online relationship or something then discovered the hot girl/guy was really like an old perv

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• I had never heard that term before this week actually on this site. There was evidently some body who pulled that on several people here, and someone named @CommieDearest helped discover it or something. Supposedly you can read about it on her profile. (I read about that in a post earlier this week, but don't remember the details)

Anyway... the answer is no, but I am a cautious person anyway.

Have you?

• I read that to lolzz but i mean like got into a personal relationship and then discovered they were not who they said like an man pretending to be a 15 year old girl that kind of thing... no i dont tend to meet up with people i have met online tbh or start relationships

• Yeah i know some people get quite offensive especially if someone disagrees with their views even though I'm sure they wouldn't admit the views they have or if they did wouldn't react the way they do if someone disagrees in real life

• Yes the capability to be anonymous is good and bad. You have to be very careful.

I try to give people good advice and thoughtful advice, but I seldom message anyone unless I want to say something in a little more private matter or they perhaps have said something interesting I would like to talk about. I read some of the questions here and they baffle me or make me thing "REALLY?" Or hearing about the unsolicited pics that people send to one another...

I enjoy it here or i wouldn't hang out while on my holiday/vacation BUT there are some strange things here too (which sometimes is part of the fun).

• Someone tried to get me on Tinder using Veruca James (pornstar)... l recognized her picture almost immediately.

• @SANDPLANET CONTINUES TO HAUNT MY DREAMSSSS

• Nope. SandPlanet hated me and I hated him (her/it)

• Almost recently actually. Apparently this guy was using some prostitute's pictures. Thank goodness for google image search lol

• Lolzz catfish taught the world google image search lmaoo but then i guess photoshop can do just as good a job of fooling people

• I've catfished a guy because he was a creeper and a perv.

• Yes, once on Skype, a guy had a pic of a girl on his profile, so i actually thought it was a girl.

• Did he make you think he was a girl or did you just assume

• He had no intentions in catfishing anyone. The way he was writing made me think he was a girl, we also talked a lot about clothes so i was definitely under the impression that he was a girl, adding his profile pic to it.

I started wondering when he started talking about cars, at the end he said the girl on his profile is his crush... i was so shocked.

• Lolzz im obsessed with cars i work for a prestige rental company so i know quite a bit that doesn't make me a guy... but at least he didn't try fooling you bit weird having a crushes picture on your profile though

• Na, I keep a low profile round here, not interested in getting involved with people so don't get catfished.

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, I was one of many duped by the infamous Sandplanet. I have not been catfished in a romantic way in any serious capacity. When I was a young teenager there was a dude I used to chat with and I found out he was in his 30's but I never let it get sexual because I was like...13/14. Was still kinda spooky.

• Nope, I never have, at least not that I know of.

• Clearly you've never heard of SandPlanet...

• I read the story somewhere lolz but i was more thinking you know regarding relationships and stuff rather than someone asking weird questions and comments regarding incest under multiple accounts... thats the one you mean right?

• @L_gant an ex user who catfished people on here for years. You can read about it here. http://imgur.com/a/TKH8J
      some NSFW pictures.

• Ya that was pre me being on this website lol

• Years ago on a dating website. He said he was closer to my age. Then I found out his pics were old. He let himself go. He later told me his real age.

• Well, I never get close to people on the internet so maybe I've been catfished but didn't care lol

• We had catfishes on here, so most of us got catfished.

• I mean on a personal level like you hot into a relationship online and the person turned out being someone else entirely

• Yeah, we used to Skype.

• And well, with some people i dont know for sure yet.

• No, never.

• I have never been cat fished ever

• No, thank God. I only went on one online date because the guy looked like the actor Nicholous Holt, so he was fiiiiine but it didn't turn out good. He was too shy and too flaky.

• In real life, no.