What are your takes on online dating?

Question says it...
What are you takes on online dating?
Do you do it or would you or it's a pass for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly think it's kind of ridiculous, I mean I have no problems finding girls IRL and I don't think others would have either if they had enough patience. And what are you going to tell your kids and grand kids when they wanna know how you met? That you met your significant other thorough a computer screen? xD

What Guys Said 14

• online dating sucks in my opinion.

i'd never give it a try... but hey i'm not into dating anyway :-P

• Had some good experiences with girls I met on dating sites, some not so good, just like meeting people any other way.

Can be a little tough for guys because the ratio is not in their favour, but a little persistence and showing some signs of having a personality in their profile and the messages they send to women and they can do fine.

And as for the risk of guys pretending to be girls, not really a problem, I ran into a few but they are sad little boys with no clue how to sound convincing as a woman, so you can tell them within minutes.

If you have a jam packed social life and get loads of opportunities to meet oeople anyway they are pointless, but if you don't have as much going on, perhaps if you've just moved to a new town or something they can be useful.

• I tried it and every time I got burned. Girls who I dated weren't ready for a relatinship but thought they where and broke hearts while doing it. Online dating can be good if your ready for a relatinship, but it also can be a bad thing. Every girl that I met on there had some sort of problems. Mostly they where trying to fill a void from there past ex so there where using online dating as a rebound thing. And the same go's with guys, I've met girls who have told me the same thing and guys where doing the same exact things to them. So my experience it's about luck. Just my 2 cents

• No, I don't like online dating. I tried it and pretty much no girls replied to me so I gave up. :/ Also you can never be sure who you are talking to. I could think I am taking to a woman in my area only to find out I was really talking to a man using a woman's account on the other side of the world.

• I have social anxiety, so online dating was pretty much my only option. I spent about five months of frustration, rarely ever hearing back (and if I did, it fizzled out or they deleted their account). I almost gave up, but I tried a Catholic site (paid) and met my fiancee literally two days later.

• To me it's more of a nuisance, tbh. First I feel it is an art in itself to create a good profile. I mean in a real interaction your body language, personality, how you look that day can weigh in your favor. However in online dating you need to have an almost perfect picture and a well written profile to get attention. Not to mention that when you do get attention, you have to wonder if the other person could be a catfish or if they are hiding something. (After all, there is only so much you can know from a person's profile)

• its the best

• Useful for women, not so useful for men.

Online dating should be low priority. I have a profile but don't spend much time on it. It's way better to meet women in the real world. :-D

• I'll do it.

• I don't like it. Usually all of their basic information is just right there, why is that problem you may ask. Well, it's all a conversation starter. What your hobbies are reading and hiking, great well now I'm going to have to awkwardly confess I stalked you by asking,"So you like reading, what do you like to read?" It's just so awkward to me. And the easiest way to talk to someone for the first time in person is to ask them their name, now I don't even have that!

• When you're younger, school and fewer responsibilities bring a steady parade of new people into your life. As you get older and have more responsibilities, meeting people (quality people anyway) can become more difficult. I haven't really used a bunch of dating sites and i have heard my share of horror stories around using them. I will say that a string of unusual events lead me to post on oKCupid, with zero expectation of meeting someone. I answered a couple hundred of the personality questions over a few months, mostly out of boredom. My matches got MUCH better and I've been deliriously happy and living with a women I met there for over a year. My cousin that directed me there is marrying HIS okcupid match this year. I know there are a ton of hook-up sites out there as well. This is not a commercial for okcupid, but I've seen it do very well. Best of luck!

• Online relationships are special because you have to love eachother very much in order to sustain it. Yea, I'm a sap Ik.

• Well I'd do it, but I prefer knowing the girl originally in order to know her past and how she's around people :)

• I know friends wh have done it and it's worked very well, so yes, I'd be very open to trying it.

What Girls Said 4

• Its just talking to someone rather than doing outings together because of a busy lifestyle.

• I have had experiences with online dating and they weren't that good. I personally don't really like online dating only because the person may look different when you meet them in person. I honestly think it is better meeting someone in person instead of online because it is a lot easier to get to know them instead of speaking to them behind a computer screen. It can also be dangerous because the person can easily lie to you about their age and they can actually be older than they are instead of what is really on their profile. I really think it is better to meet someone in person instead of online in my opinion.

• You could meet a criminal

• Or a rapist or cereal killer

• But you can meet a criminal anywhere, like a club. You cat really google a guy at a club to check on him like is his name even real.

• Nobody better kill my cereal.

• Do you know that nearly All the guys on dating sites are on fuck buddy sites.