Girls: a question about your feelings about older guys?

I am headed for mid 20s and she is late teens. In your personal experience/feeling girls, how would you feel about that? Would a teen girl just instantly assume that a guy a fair bit into his 20s is not someone she will be dating because she figures he's interested in women not girls (which she technically is but barely)? .. I feel like she won't open up to me quite enough and I think a part of the reason for that may be that maybe she feels like a kid compared to me.. feels a bit like she is one of the young ones and I'm a bit too old.. I don't know it's weird.

What do you think? Could she may have just never even thought about dating me just because I'm five years older than her? I mean it's only five years, but it's where the years are that is more of consequence I think. Yknow if it were five or ten years from now it really wouldn't be of nearly as much consequence, is what I think.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is seriously not a problem at all in my opinion, but it depends. Believe me, If she is mature enough she will find no problem in dating you even tho you're older.

What Girls Said 5

• My parents are in the same age difference as each other and they're married so I wouldn't think its an issue... Unless you're like 50 and she's 17 or whatever then yes that will be bad.

• So she's 18. How old are you?

• How old is she?

• If it was me,5years ago. I would assume you only want sex. honestly, when i was a teen, even untill 19. i wad creeped out by university guys and avoided them. well maybe its my experience, but depends on that girl in particular really. u can't make a generalization on this.

• I had this at age 19 and I was just not mature enough to make it work with with my 25 year old boyfriend. He had a child, though. I think with the right fit, it's no big deal.

• She will be 19 when I am still 23, then I will turn 24 a few months later. I feel like 19 is a lot older than 18 actually for some reason.. don't know why. Maybe by then I will feel better about it. But by then it could be too late.

• It's worth a shot! Maybe she's a good fit, maybe she's not. Trying it out is fine. :)

What Guys Said 1

• My mother started dating my father when she was 19 and he was 27, they made it work for 24 years until dad passed away. True it was a different time but still, if she's mature you should be fine