Girls: a question about your feelings about older guys?

I am headed for mid 20s and she is late teens. In your personal experience/feeling girls, how would you feel about that? Would a teen girl just instantly assume that a guy a fair bit into his 20s is not someone she will be dating because she figures he's interested in women not girls (which she technically is but barely)? .. I feel like she won't open up to me quite enough and I think a part of the reason for that may be that maybe she feels like a kid compared to me.. feels a bit like she is one of the young ones and I'm a bit too old.. I don't know it's weird.

What do you think? Could she may have just never even thought about dating me just because I'm five years older than her? I mean it's only five years, but it's where the years are that is more of consequence I think. Yknow if it were five or ten years from now it really wouldn't be of nearly as much consequence, is what I think.

0|0
6|1

Most Helpful Girl

• This is seriously not a problem at all in my opinion, but it depends. Believe me, If she is mature enough she will find no problem in dating you even tho you're older.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• My parents are in the same age difference as each other and they're married so I wouldn't think its an issue... Unless you're like 50 and she's 17 or whatever then yes that will be bad.

0|1
    0|0
  • So she's 18. How old are you?

0|0
    0|0
  • How old is she?

0|0
    0|0
  • If it was me,5years ago. I would assume you only want sex. honestly, when i was a teen, even untill 19. i wad creeped out by university guys and avoided them. well maybe its my experience, but depends on that girl in particular really. u can't make a generalization on this.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had this at age 19 and I was just not mature enough to make it work with with my 25 year old boyfriend. He had a child, though. I think with the right fit, it's no big deal.

0|2
    1|0
    • She will be 19 when I am still 23, then I will turn 24 a few months later. I feel like 19 is a lot older than 18 actually for some reason.. don't know why. Maybe by then I will feel better about it. But by then it could be too late.

• It's worth a shot! Maybe she's a good fit, maybe she's not. Trying it out is fine. :)

What Guys Said 1

• My mother started dating my father when she was 19 and he was 27, they made it work for 24 years until dad passed away. True it was a different time but still, if she's mature you should be fine

0|0
    0|0