To cut him off or not?

This is long but I appreciate any feedback.

I am 27 and he is 33.

We randomly sat next to each other at a conference. After an hour long conversation, he asked for my number and asked me out the next day. We continued seeing each other every weekend and he texted and/or called every day.

After about 2 months while we were out, we were having a pretty deep coversation and I mentioned how I did not want to get hurt or be worried about us. It was very casual and nothing more was mentioned about us.

A day later, while we were on the phone, he told me we were friends and he didn't want to hurt me. He said he couldn't be in a relationship with me right now because he was trying to work out some financial things and he was also busy with work and he wouldn't be able to commit to me properly.

I said fine but I don't need any more friends so I can't talk to you anymore. He was upset and said it didn't have to be all or nothing. He could see himself marrying me in the future but just needs to be friends for now.

I stopped contacting him and after only one day without contact, he hit me up and now we continue to talk every single day and see each other roughly every wknd or every other wknd depending on his busy schedule.

Even yesterday when we were out, he mentioned plans for things he wants us to do in March and this summer.

While we often flirt in texts, use petnames, and he occasionally says sexual things, we are not physical aside from hugging so he is gaining nothing there.

This has been going on for a little over 3 months and I am starting to get really attached so I want to cut him off but some friends think that is too dramatic.

Sorry this was long but thoughts?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• You told him you didn't want to get hurt and basically a guy hears that as rejection or that you will reject him, then he bet you to the punch and used a bunch of excuses to say he couldn't date you, but obviously he has feelings for you and he probably wants you to speak up and change your mind about a relationship.

• Don't cut him off, he sees a future with you and most likely if that's the case.. He won't hurt you