Is it possible to be attractive without showing cleavage or wearing makeup?

Is it really possible to be attractive without showing cleavage or wearing makeup or such? People usually say yes and use celebrities as an example but I don't think it applies to average girls such as myself. I got so insulted the other day, a guy's friend who I met for the first time looked me up and down and told me I'd be attractive if I used makeup and showed more skin, including cleavage. It's not the first time, a lot of guys I meet tell me this and it makes me feel bad, I'm not going to do what they say but I feel undesirable and just hideous. What do you guys think? Is it possible to look nice without that?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 13

• Considered attractive personality? Not really something that can be faked for any amount of time though. As for cleavage and skin, to some that is attractive, to others it is offputting. There is something to be said for people who don't... sell themselves out...

• Yeah, I am very nice and I would say into a lot of great things but no one seems to care for that. Not that I'd rather end up with a jerk, all the nice guys I see get with mean girls who wear a lot of makeup or are very sexualized so I give up, there's no point to it. The question is closed.

• of course.. it is.. :D

• 0|0
    • a butt?

• No cleavage, probably no makeup, still attractive.

I was only half serious. While my answer is true...

You probably don';t need make up to be attractive, and you certainly shouldn't need to show cleavage. However, if you're not wearing body conscious clothing, not at least having your hair look nice, then good luck.

• Because it's a picture of a butt. I wear normal clothes, but nothing tight except my jeans. Yeah, I should focus on my hair.

• s10.thisnext.com/.../E46A8AE3.jpg

Cute? Yes.
    Cleavage? Not visible.
    Make up? Minimal if any (hard to tell)

• I don't know bout makeup, but clevage is totally unneeded. Sure it's nice.

There's this girl that works at the circle K i go to. Never seen any cleveage or anytihng below the waist since she's always behind the counter, but good lord is she fucking gorgeous.

• Thank you for your response, have a nice day.

• Yes. The most attractive girl I know is so modest! At the same time though, makeup isn't bad. As long as it's just a VERY light amount.

• I know it seems like there isn't, but there really is. It makes you look more mature, and in return, more mature and nicer guys will probably find you more appealing. Believe me, not all guys like whores.

• I guess. Thank you for your response, have a nice day.

• I dated a girl who was naturally attractive and wore minimal makeup.

• If a man can look "hot" without make-up, then any woman can. I feel like people who use dense as fuck make-up are traps. . . But a light layer is ok

• I don't like make-up but I like to see curves

• I will judge better if I see ur pic...

• I need an opinion about this issue not what I look like.

• U should apply but light one...

• No thank you. But thank you for taking your time in responding, have a nice day.

• no, its not possible at all, at all times you have to have enough make up to make it a mask and forget cleavage, just let it all hang out.

• Yeah I think so. There is a girl at school who is beautiful but doesn't wear any makeup.

• Makeup helps, and cleavage helps, especially if your breasts are your best asset butttt, it's not required

• But I don't want something as shallow as that to aid me in getting dates.

• I'm sorry you feel that way

• Well I guess I'm stuck. Thank you for your response, have a nice day.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't have cleavage, small boobs, and I usually dress really modestly. I don't wear makeup, and people compliment me. Even strangers. Yea, I do get some pervs, but some guys even just say "You are really pretty" or "what a nice smile" and that's it, and I thank them for the compliment. I guess makeup and cleavage will of course draw more attention, I mean, the whole point of makeup is to accentuate your features (make lips darker or glossier, make eyelashes darker or longer, etc.). That doesn't mean it's absolutely necessary to make the girl attractive. Lots of girls look better without makeup. Lots of girls look better with makeup cuz they're like makeup gurus.

• girl, it's possible to be even sexier than a girl with makeup and cleavage by not doing the things u mentioned.
    believe me, you'll stand out in a good way. your body shape will play a huge part in this tho.

• I'm sure you will look attractive if you're not showing boobs or wearing makeup, but it would probably be a different kind of attractive than if you were doing those things.
    It would make you appear more cute rather than sexy.

• Yes you can be attractive without showing cleavage or wearing makeup.

• I always believe we don't have to wear less in order to be attractive. that guy who said that is because he is the type that lust over women with as little clothes as possible, not a good guy i feel.
    As for wearing makeup, a subtle of it is fine, i cannot understand why some girls paint their face so thick.

• i dont think so

• Let's see a pic...

• Yes that's me and I'm attractive without the revealing clothing or a ton of makeup. I've never had any problems finding dates

• You said with out a ton of makeup, implying you do still get help from makeup, I don't...

• As in foundation only

But that's besides that point. The point is if you think you're attractive and you're getting into the relationships you want or don't eant, then you're fine. However , if you're alone and you want someone, then maybe it wouldn't hurt to put some effort into your appearance...

• I'm the second example. I've never used make up in my life and I don't want people to laugh at me for caving in.