Do you think I should tell him about my family problems? do guys get turned off hearing stuff like that from a girl?

I've been seeing a guy since August past year and things been going mostly good so far, with the exception of a few arguments, he's met my family and I his and he thinks good stuff about my family. However the reality is much more different and I often suffer a great deal of emotional problems because of constant family issues and problems, like ever since I was really young, up to now. He doesn't know about this, but I somehow want him to get a clue of why I may have been emotional/dramatic during arguments. I know I should maintain a positive image even because of stuff like inheritance advantages & stuff, but I can't help like wanting him to know. But I'm scared if he finds out how it really is he'll get turned off and not want to be with me any more. Yet I dont want him thinking I dont suffer emotionally either. Family is kinda big in his life and he has a good relationship with his, he interacts and lives with them. I feel like my relationship with him is not that deep or long enough yet to start talking about deeper stuff of life, like past & family problems but yet I dont want to feel like I have to keep quiet always either.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course not. Evey guy wants to know more about their special one. Tell him but at the same time don't make it sound like you want him to pity you. If you tell him I'm sure he'll just feel closer to you now that you've told him more about your personal life.

What Guys Said 1

• it would be a turn off if we were only friends with benefits. i think there isn't much need for that type of intimacy. if its something serious, or we'd trying to be serious, i would really want to hear it, and if possible try to help you.
    if my girl is having problems i want to know

What Girls Said 1

• He cannot understand it if he never went through himself.