Can my problem really be that I'm "too good"?

Lask week I found out that one of my guy friend that I liked off and on for a while now said that he would love to date me but " a girl like her would never give me a thought" and beside the fact that I like him he is really a great good looking smart guy. The thing is that this is not even the first time this happens to me.. I keep finding out about guys saying really good things about me but won't act upon it and just saying "she's too good", is this a thing really? I mean yeah I'm pretty attractive, can hold a discussion and take care of myself but I would think that would draw guys to me rather than chase them away.. I'm 19 and never had a boyfriend, its not like i dont put myself out there, I've dated a bit and i dont I have the highest expectations for a guy, I'm just looking for a decent guy I can talk to and have fun with.. I'm not that intimidating so why do I keep chasing then off?

Most Helpful Guy

• it must suck for you girls, after putting so much time and effort into looking good, to not be approached like you wanted to, but fact is that most normal, not extroverted guys, will be just way too shy to approach such a pretty girl. sure they might like to be with you, but in reality they are almost 100% sure that they'll never be. from what i know, only the guys with really big egos will go after girls like you. not sure if thats what you want or not. if not, maybe you should sometimes do the first step?

What Guys Said 3

• They view you as unattainable and buy into the concept that you must be a successful, good looking guy to get a good looking girl. Just like women are told to be thin and pretty, men are told to be successful and have lots of money. It's a self esteem issue that many guys face in our society.

• Lot's of men have crippling low confidence, low self-esteem and they put women on pedestals as these goddesses. You may attract guys who fit this description and it's not necessarily a reflection on you.

• Maybe, who knows.

What Girls Said 0