Would you date a smoker?

The question states it all, whatever it is : cigarettes, weed, etc
Why/why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Never.

My respiratory system is already kinda shit. I catch bronchitis every year or two. Whenever I have a sickness, it's upper respiratory infection. I don't need that smoke crap down my throat. That, and I hate how it makes ME smell bad even though it's THEM wasting money on lung cancer.

What Guys Said 21

• nah. I don't like the smell. and its a bad habit. wait, date? yeah sure. if its only dating. doubt I would take it father than that though.

• No. Health, smell, cost. Waste, waste, waste.

• I'll date her surely, she'll stop smoking after spending some time with me.

• Depends if she smoked pipe tobacco or cigars sure, if it was cigarettes and drugs then no. Even us pipe and cigar guys hate drug users and cigarette smokers.

• Cigarettes - Yes
    Weed - Depends on how often.
    Daily - No
    Once or twice a week - Yes.

• Only if she was amazing

• If I don't know she's a smoker I will date her but once I know it I doubt I can take it foward. I just don't like the odor of cigarettes and with time people smell like nicotine.

• An occasional smoker? Yes.
    A habitual smoker? No.

• Sure as long as she doesn't reek of the smell I don't mind.

• Nah. Horrible smell, bad taste when kissing, and it just plain old reflects badly on the girl.

• Date or be in a relationship with? No.

• Weed, yeah. Cigarettes, yeah if she doesn't smoke near me

• Nope. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and I don't smoke weed.

• Nope. I don't want to slowly die during our relationship. Life is already too short

• nope it smells nasty

• nope !!! never lol

• I don't want to smell or kiss a pepel'nitsu :)

• Nope, smoking is an automatic disqualifies. I can't stand the smell or the fact she is willing to do that to herself.

• *disqualifier

• Nope. I think that stuff is gross and smells horrible

• Maybe depending on the girl and how much

• Yes , because i am burning 1 right now..

What Girls Said 13

• No, I wouldn't. My dad is a smoker and it breaks my heart to hear his bad cough. I wouldn't want to go through that with a partner. I'm so scared that it's going to turn out that he has lung cancer. Fuck that shit. And I have 0 tolerance for drugs, too.

• I would but would prefer not to. Weed, I don't really care at all so long as they're not a stoner. Cigarettes, I consistently "quit" then go back to it every month or so. It would be pretty shitty for me to hold someone to a standard that I don't hold myself to.

• No, I wouldn't. None of that stuff is part of my lifestyle, and I'd prefer that the other person leads a similar lifestyle. Plus it's just a huge fucking money sink. I don't know how much weed costs, but a pack of cigarettes here is anywhere between $7 and $15. If someone smokes a pack a day, that can add up to over $100/week spent on putting shit into your body. I don't get it. I don't want to be with someone who's cool with throwing their money away like that.

• Yea it really doesn't bother me as long as they're not smoking it around me constantly, I can only take that smell for so long..

• Yes.
    If I like them why, wouldn't I?

• Yes I would. I smoke weed myself. I just couldn't date someone who spends every possible moment to talk about what they smoke. It's a real turn off.

• why not? i smoke myself so why judge the other one for smoking?

• Smoking is really a deal breaker for me.. so, no, most likely not.

• Nope! it's unattractive and plus, I have asthma.

• I have before but I don't prefer it

• Yes because I smoke both

• My fiance does both but he's quiting for me and i love him anyway

• Nope. I'm allergic to cigarettes. I have seasonal bronchitis which can be induced by second hand smoke. by the way, I don't want to increase my chances of lung cancer from second hand... it led to the premature death of my great grandmother.
    I like to smell clean and fresh. And let's be honest smoke is smokey. I would never want to kiss him because of the smell and possible taste of tobacco. And that's a sign of an addictive personality. And yeah. Those are just a few reasons why I wouldn't date a smoker although I did meet one guy who did have me entertain the idea of dating a smoker. But he turned out to be an arse. No I'm not saying smokers are arses. Lol.

• No weed heads or any other from of druggie either.