Is it bad that these guys are so focused on my looks?

I'll put this in dating because they've asked me out.
I went to my 10 year HS reunion in November. I used to dress very hippie like in highschool but pretty makeup, DEFINITELY funky though. Like my clothes were unusual to say the least. But showed off my figure. I just looked different.

Now I have natural looking hair and makeup and dress in high fashion.

These guys that didn't really give me the time of day were complimenting my looks. I understood at first, until we stayed in touch after and I continued to get comments and then I'm being asked out on dates!!

I feel like it is too superficial. Like what about what's inside my brain? What if I was just an older version of my former self? Would they care to get to know me?

I always attracted guys in HS but I know my style wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

Im not sure I want to continue getting too much closer to people so focused on my looks. But I'm not sure if now I'm just being the silly one. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually the very first time that attraction happens is generally related to the looks. So, I don't think it's bad to start something from this point. What cannot happen is that it continues being only looks. As I said, I don't see any problem with starting with looks and then going to something deeper from this point, or not.

What Guys Said 3

• I think you don't know why they like you now. Maybe it is looks, maybe it is something else.

If the "looks" issue was not a concerns would you go on a date with them? If so, go on a date with them and you will know soon enough if your concern is legit or not.

Guard your heart until you know what they want...

• Sounds like how I felt last year when I started changing my look, girls from my former high school who I never spoke to see interested in me when I'm sure they never knew my name or even would have given me the time of day.

I agree with the idea with we didn't change our look we would have been looked over. I didn't like the idea of getting close to them either, so we are mere aquitances at best.

• A lot changes for anybody in 10 years so forget about how you all used to be or act in highschool. You used to attract guys and you still do a decade later so count yourself lucky.

Dates are a great opportunity for guys to get to know you, and for you to get to know the guys as they are now. I'm sure you'll all have a lot to catch up on.

What Girls Said 2

• All guys go out with girls they find attractive. As long as they aren't shallow and ONLY interested in your looks I don't see a problem. You probably wouldn't dste a guy who you found unattractive either. Maybe your new look is more flattering

• all guys look at looks. it doesn't mean it's ONLY your looks that they are into now.