Is it bad that these guys are so focused on my looks?

I'll put this in dating because they've asked me out.
I went to my 10 year HS reunion in November. I used to dress very hippie like in highschool but pretty makeup, DEFINITELY funky though. Like my clothes were unusual to say the least. But showed off my figure. I just looked different.

Now I have natural looking hair and makeup and dress in high fashion.

These guys that didn't really give me the time of day were complimenting my looks. I understood at first, until we stayed in touch after and I continued to get comments and then I'm being asked out on dates!!

I feel like it is too superficial. Like what about what's inside my brain? What if I was just an older version of my former self? Would they care to get to know me?

I always attracted guys in HS but I know my style wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

Im not sure I want to continue getting too much closer to people so focused on my looks. But I'm not sure if now I'm just being the silly one. What do you think?

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually the very first time that attraction happens is generally related to the looks. So, I don't think it's bad to start something from this point. What cannot happen is that it continues being only looks. As I said, I don't see any problem with starting with looks and then going to something deeper from this point, or not.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I think you don't know why they like you now. Maybe it is looks, maybe it is something else.

If the "looks" issue was not a concerns would you go on a date with them? If so, go on a date with them and you will know soon enough if your concern is legit or not.

Guard your heart until you know what they want...

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like how I felt last year when I started changing my look, girls from my former high school who I never spoke to see interested in me when I'm sure they never knew my name or even would have given me the time of day.

I agree with the idea with we didn't change our look we would have been looked over. I didn't like the idea of getting close to them either, so we are mere aquitances at best.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot changes for anybody in 10 years so forget about how you all used to be or act in highschool. You used to attract guys and you still do a decade later so count yourself lucky.

Dates are a great opportunity for guys to get to know you, and for you to get to know the guys as they are now. I'm sure you'll all have a lot to catch up on.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• All guys go out with girls they find attractive. As long as they aren't shallow and ONLY interested in your looks I don't see a problem. You probably wouldn't dste a guy who you found unattractive either. Maybe your new look is more flattering

0|0
    0|0
  • all guys look at looks. it doesn't mean it's ONLY your looks that they are into now.

0|0
    0|0