I think I'm too fat to date but I really like this guy... Any advice or opinion?

Okay so over the summer I met this guy online and we hit it off right from the start. We have Skyped, texted and had multiple phone calls but he has only seen the upper part of my body as I am too ashamed to show him or send him a full body pic. I have dealt with eating disorders in the past so I don't have an exact number as to how much I weight due to my fear of becoming obsessive with the number on the scale again. I've told him I was scared to meet him in person because I feat he will think I'm gross and fat and no longer call me beautiful. He tries to reassure me that he really likes me for my personality and not my looks but I'm afraid he is just saying that. I just would like to know what guys would date me for my personality and overlook the fact that I am not the skinniest person out there.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• You are not too fat to date, perhaps too insecure. Deal with your issues before entering a relationship.

• If that's you in your profile pic you look fine :)

• Of course guys will date you for your personality. If that is you in your avatar you are no where near fat. You are quite attractive.

• nobody is too fat to date, if he's into your personality he won't care about looks, now stop wallowing around and get into the date because backing out of a date for your own over-thinking is stupid and everyone here believes you won't do it!

• First of all, if he's worth liking, and says he likes you for your personality, it seems disrespectful to assume he's lying. Secondly, you look great in your pic, so don't worry!

• you dont look fat at all from your pic, so worst case, you just got a big booty! its all good either way!!

What Girls Said 2

• If he says that he likes you for you then stop overthinking! Be confident in yourself. You'll push him away by constantly being like that. You're a beautiful girl! He obviously likes you. Work it!

• Shit of a guy says he likes your for your personality he MEANS it. Guys are they type of people to sugar coat things, marry that nigga lmao he seems like a nice guy😩😩😀 GET SOME GIRL