What do you do in a romeo and juliet situation?

I'm living a modern remake of it, and I could use some advice. Because I feel like she's going to give up, and it's not worth losing her.

This is excluding the ending of the book. I'm not suicidal. Just lovestruck.

Most Helpful Girl

• You break up because the whole idea of Romeo and Juliet was made to mock relationships and the shallowness of "young love" and infatuation

• See that's great and all. But I've been homeless, watched my grandma die, and watched my brother being dragged out of a house in a goddamn body bag. I know what losing love feels like and I know I felt it with her as soon as this shitty situation started. So take the damn stick out of your ass and quit assuming everyone under the age of 18 is a complete fucking idiot.

• It was a poor analogy, but one that get's the message across. We love each other and our families hate each other and will do anything to keep us apart. Sorry. And I put "idiot" in your mouth because of your generally condescending tone.

• No, I saw it as more of an informing tone. But that's the unfortunate thing about the internet

What Girls Said 4

• I know how u feel... I'm white and my boyfriend is black, and my parents hate him. And he hasn't talked to me since the first because he's sad I can't see him, and I've been trying to but I don't know if he thinks it's worth it anymore. But I love him more than anything and I'm hoping he wants that to

• And ironically enough I'm suicidal like Juliet, and I've cut myself and yes tried killing myself because of things my parents said to me for being n love with him and they even beat me, but it was all worth it just to have him n my life

• Thanks. But don't kill yourself! I've lost so much, and I've come close to losing my own life. I promise it's not worth it.

• It's not so much about killing myself over losing him... it's more he makes all the horrible things I've gone through go away. He makes me happy when all I want is to fall apart. Like u I have a bad past to. My parents beat me, I can't leave my house, my brother sexually abused me until high school... where he still did stuff to me even then. And losing him, it feels like the part of me that's alive is dying, it's painful

• Well One think don't fuckin kill yourself -_-
    If she is worth it fight for her, her love, be respectful towards her parents
    If she isn't it is better to let go now before it is too late and harder for you to let go later on

• I should have added that we're everything minus the ending. XD I won't kill myself.

• Tell the parents to fuck off. I love him & he loves me❤️

• dont kill yourself

• Alright, I'll add that this is excluding the ending!

What Guys Said 2

• Considering what happens at the end? I don't know.

Maybe y'all could write a play about your love?

• Let me ask you this, what makes her "not worth losing"? If she left, what would you miss about her?

• Let's just say she didn't leave, she was yanked away.

• Arguing with you isn't going to win her mother's favor over. So I'm done with this.

• It's clear I am not going convince you otherwise, you really think I'm just talking out of my ass here? I've been in your shoes in this type of "love" situation, you aren't able to see it from the outside looking in. You will realize where I was coming from as you grow and gain perspective. But that takes time, specifically, years. I would begin an essay that flooded this comment section, to go in depth on this situation, but it would be pointless because you are determined to not change your stance on this. I will just let father time enlighten you, best of luck to you young man, have a good night.