Do you think it makes a guy "less of a man" if he's in a relationship with a woman who makes much more annual income than him?

A few guys have told me they feel "emasculated" if they're dating a woman has more money than them and that supposedly, a man should always be the one with more money and pay things for his woman.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No, but speaking from experience... Dating someone who doesn't contribute sucks. Man or woman.

• I really wouldn't mind that as long as the woman in the relationship with me is at least putting in her best effort to earn more money for herself and her independence rather than always depend on me for every single thing.

• You've gotta make pretty good bank to provide for two on your own.

What Girls Said 5

• Nope, not at all. It's ironic though that some guys think that women only want them for their money (like we're all gold diggers or something), but then others get all up in arms if a woman makes more than them.

• I wouldn't mind being in a relationship with a woman who makes more income, as long is she's not the type who would make our annual income comparison into a competition on who's more "strong and independent" or how she'll automatically assume that I "fear" women who are strong and independent. Only insecure girls would proclaim such things and try to find a way to verbally attack a man for his gender. A real strong and independent woman doesn't need to prove anything (or feel the need to attack her man verbally) and just continues on with what she does to support herself and not worry about men, women or either genders in general. Luckily, it's only radical feminists who are like this and only represent a very small percentage of women worldwide.

• No, that's sexist ://

• As long as he does not treat her like a sugar momma and is careful with money then no.

• There would be no reason for him to be less of a man i promise

• some guys may care

What Guys Said 5

• I have no problem with it. Personally if she wants to make all the money, she can do that too. I'll sit at home with all the luxuries of modern day society. I think housewives are lucky! I wanna be a househusband! Lol

• It'd be nice to take a break from filing taxes and dealing with a lot of bullshit in the real world but at the same time, I'd feel like an unaccomplished person with no purpose in life if being a househusband is all I'd be for the rest of my life.

• Because working a job makes you feel accomplished? And cleaning, cooking, raising a family wouldn't? I Donno, I think both are important and satisfying.

• And it's not like you couldn't have hobbies.

• Nah, I hope she makes more money than me. I hate filing taxes.

• I personally have no problem with that. Some men need to relax with their pride - this isn't medieval times its 2015. Though I would like a women to contribute as just as much and vise versa.

• There's the politically correct answer... and then there's the real one. Don't fall for the PC answer.

• It depends entirely on how she sees it. Some women tend to respect a man less if she earns more.