What do you think of people that are not considered to be good looking by most people that ONLY want to date people that look like models?

Most average and below average looking people go after people in their own league but do you think about the men and women that reject the people in their own league and only want to go on dates with good looking people? For example, I was on a dating website, and a woman that was really overweight put as her status,''I really wonder when I will find my 6 ft tall, tall, dark, and handsome guy with a 6 pack.''

Most Helpful Girl

• well i believe that people shouldn't just stay in their league either i am not saying you should reject people in your league but if you find someone attractive you should take a chance with them. the worst they will do is say no to you. then you move on. i do have a problem with people who have too high of standards though but i think that people shouldn't settle either. its not fair to you or the person your settling with. the problem with most people is like you say they only go for models. an average person can go up a few points if they have a good personality to go with it.

• An average person can up a few points but they will most likely get rejected a lot before someone that is a couple of points above will go out with them.

• just ignore her she's going to be single for a long time, there's no point in wasting time or energy on her and i mean that emotionally as well just move on and forget her

• Ok thanks for the advice.

What Girls Said 7

• They are setting the bar up way to high.. They have to be realistic.. But let them dream I guess.. They will learn the hard way..

• Yeah they are. There is this other woman who I messaged online on meetme. com that was a overweight as well (but I don't care if someone is overweight or not) I liked how her and I had things in common. I messaged her and she responded back telling me she doesn't want to talk to me, that she only wants to talk to ''cute guys.'' There are many women like this on online dating that are not realistic. And then they post something like''I don't know why I am single.''I don't understand what I am doing wrong.''

• Omg. Yeah heard it all before, just let them be, they will figure it out.. If they don't they will be the one living the lonely life.. It ain your problem man so your all good. I guess people make mistakes.. When they are not being open minded about the whole dating scene. Everyone has there list of what they want and what this other person looks like.. It's like setting yourself up for failure..

• Any opinion on what others want is moot, because it's their choice. If they manage to find that person, good for them. If not, they'll either compromise, or continue to be single.

• Makes me want to smack em'.

I know one guy like that.

I want to smack him so bad.

• They r being optimistic which is geat. But they r just setting themselves up for rejection. Good lookers go for other good lookers

• What? Like who?

• I think they are unrealistic

• It actually bothers me. I've never gone outside of my league. I am unattractive and I know it. It wouldn't make sense for me to go for a good looking man. However, men in my own league reject me. They only want the beautiful girls. A friend of mine tried setting me up with a really attractive guy but as soon as I saw his picture, I said no. He was a very handsome man. There was no way he'd like me and there is no way I should go for him anyway.

• so basically you rejected someone for their looks what if that guy actually liked you back? i can see why you normally dont go for guys out of your league but if a friends set you up you should take the chance. your basically looking at his photo and saying that he's shallow which is shallow on your part. i mean like you say you get rejected a lot so what if its another rejection? at least you would know.

• It's called being realistic. Also, it isn't shallow if someone isn't attracted to someone. I didn't think he was shallow. I just knew he wouldn't be attracted to me. I get men calling me ugly all the time. I never think men are shallow for rejecting me though.

What Guys Said 5

• Let the market run its course. Supply and demand. If she's not in demand by her target male segment, she's going to be sitting on the shelf for a very long time. But hey, everyone has the right to make demands. Life decides what you actually get. I could demand Katy Perry but that doesn't mean I'm going to get her.

The issue with dating websites is that the market for male suitors is saturated. That's probably where her inflated asking price comes from. Desperate men on dopamine highs are constantly soliciting women without fear of consequence, and this massive volume is enough to draw women to these sites for the attention alone. It's all an illusion and the smart women figure this out. If the rest choose to live in this bubble, let them be.

• I'm fine with it, I think people are allowed to have WHATEVER standards they want. If a fat old man who lives in his mom's basement wants to turn down any girl thats not a Victorias secret model, he can do that. Sure he's probably not going to get what he's looking for but he has a right to dream.

The only problem I have is if they EXPECT a yes or acts ENTITLED to a yes from people that are clearly out of his league. So if a fat ugly man complains that none of the attractive girls want him, or calls the hot girls shallow for turning him down, then I have a problem with it. However, as long as he doesn't complain and accepts his odds are slim and takes the rejections with dignity, then he has a right to pusue whatever kind of girls he wants. And if he miraculously does get a hot girl despite his ugliness then more power to him.

Same goes for ugly girls going after a hot guy.

• If they can land a model, good for them.
    If they die a lonely virgin, then that's on them.
    I don't care what other people want.

• 0|0
    • + rthomas42 and miss coffeehead said yea they can try but more times than not they'll fail but can't knock their efforts ^^ lolol

• I've never understood those people.