Letting them do the chasing? or should girls make the first move?

would like to know if you girls have the same issuse i have when i find out that a guy is into me. or if i really like them. i like to be chased first but... when im really into them i can't help but be the one chasing. especially when i have had a drink haha. but i want to try and controll this till i know that it is going somewhere and he's into me. would be great if you could give some tips on how to hold back and get them to do all the work.

for the guys... is it really true that yous like to do all the chasing at first and if you know a girl is into you but she won't go out with you straight away. does it make you want her more? thanks for reading look forward to see what yous have to say! :)

• guys should always chase first
  • its just as sexy for a girl to make the first move

Most Helpful Guy

• "is it really true that yous like to do all the chasing at first"
    No, it depends on the guy.

"and if you know a girl is into you but she won't go out with you straight away. does it make you want her more? "
    Definitely NOT. This is a bizarre belief, which a small number of girls seem to think is true, and a large number suspect it might be true.

It's not true and never has been. My own personal suspicion is that it might be true for girls, and this is why they project it onto guys. But no, guys take your disinterest as a sign that chasing you is a waste of time.

In fact, if a girl doesn't at least give some notice that she welcomes his advances, a guy will just stop chasing her altogether.

What Guys Said 1

• Honestly, Iv'e found most guys really don't care if a woman they like makes the first move especially if they are on the shy side or are unsure that the woman likes them. Women have messed with a lot of guys sending them signals just to get them to ask the woman out, then she says "no" and tells everyone she can what a creepy stalker he is and how she would never go for a loser like him. It makes it hard for many men to tell when women are actually interested or just messing with them.

Honestly, in my own experience its mostly women who resist the idea of women making the first move, possibly out of fear of rejection, or they are just lazy and expect the man to "do all the work."

What Girls Said 1

• I won't make the first move, but I'll do some flirting and see if he takes over the flirting. And since I'm shy, I don't dare to make the first move :s I'll give him a lot of "opportunities"