Asking where you stand with a guy?

I've been talking to this guy, we've been on like 5 "dates". That's what I call them but he refers to it as hanging out. He does cute things like showing me songs he thinks relate to me and buys me things and we cuddle and he's told me he likes me and sometimes he says "I love you" and he refers to me as bae. I've cut off people for him because I wanna be serious but I'm not sure if he's done the same or what exactly our relationship is. How do I ask? What do you think our relationship is? Maybe he'll ask me out soon?

This didn't get many answers so I'm putting it back up

Most Helpful Girl

• How long have you been dating? and rule number one, never cut your friends off. Even if it another guy interest. Just let them know your moving toward exclusive dating but would like to stay in touch. Its always nice to have male friends their when you need them. secondly, why are you waiting for him to ask you out. If you guys are dating just let him know you like him and would like to date him exclusively. He will either say yes lets go for it or no, Im not ready or interested in exclusivity right now. If you just started dating him I would suggest getting to know him more before you ask. Be assured of yourself and who you are a woman. Maturity and wisdoms come with time and experience, but I'm a firm believer of going after what you want and not waiting around for the other to ask. Because in your waiting, some other chick will sweep him off his feet. I've seen it done.

• It's been about 3 weeks. And no, not friends. I've just cut off guys I've had history with or that I had been flirting with. He knows I like him, I just don't know how to bring up the being official thing, or if he wants to be for sure. I feel like he does, I'm just nervous to know how he feels and obviously scared of any type of rejection. I plan on asking him where we stand and where he wants to go from here the next time I see him, which hopefully will be tomorrow. I'm just not sure what for say and how to bring it up

• I think he's just like a super emotional guy.. like he's been hurt a lot in the past so he's quick to latch on but not quick to open up. I think that might be part of why he hasn't asked me out yet.. I'm not sure if he's ready to be on a relationship of that level with someone again yet. But it confuses me that he says it. I don't think he's trying to get something from me because he sort or kind or already got it 😳😳 so maybe to keep getting it? I'm not sure. I really do want to be open and honest and have a good relationship with him emotionally though.

• Thank you for the MHO:)

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, ask him. That way you'll know if you're wasting your time with him or not.

• Ask if he wants to be your boyfriend.

What Girls Said 1

• Yess! That's exactly what I went through. I thought am I waisting my time?
    You just have to tell him how you feel