Criticism for interracial dating?

I'm a white female in my 2nd year of college. I came from an area with no black people at all. I had never dated a black man. But when I came to college, I found I have a great attraction for them. I still find white guys very attractive, and continue to date them. But I did go through a short period of time where black men were the only race I was seeing. Probably because it was so new to me.

Now the newness has worn off. I'm still very attracted to black men but they're not the only ones I'm looking at. I'm happy I've opened my eyes to different races of guys because I found qualities in black men that I really like. The problem is, my friends who do not date black men give me a hard time. Everywhere we go if a black man so much as walks by they say "Yeah you were probably checking him out. You want him? We know they're all you think about." Things like that. I'm known as the girl that "only likes black guys." Which is untrue. Its frustrating I get categorized like that! I love black men. But I feel like they're criticism is putting off guys of other races from thinking they have a shot with me. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ignore the comments and continue the way that feels best to you. I have a lust for Japanese women, I think I've been like that since I left school. Your friends only make such jokes because there is a reputation with black guys to have larger than average size penises. For girls, this means it's a talking point if one of their friends went through a 'black guy' phase and that's why they won't let it go. But perhaps for some other guys that you date who aren't black, this would be a point of insecurity.

What Guys Said 2

• If it's just a light ribbing, that's what friends are for.

If it isn't just a light ribbing, you may want to look into more broadminded friends.

• What do you do?

Find a guy of a different ethnic background and make an example out of him.

What Girls Said 1

• there's nothing wrong with it... As long as it's a human being you're in the clear lol.