Why do family members say girls who play videogames are unattractive 😐 ?

Ever since I was younger I've liked videogames and comic books, my mom said I shouldn't play or read comics, they were for little boys. And one of my aunts agreed.

I don't see a problem with me being a gamer. Even now my mom is on my back about it... as well as my brother, he told me that girls that like comics are weird and unattractive.

Do guys think it's weird if a girl likes videogames and comics? Or you do you think it's nice that girls are gamers?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• Because it's still primarily a male oriented thing in social eyes regardless of 54% of MMO players being female.

• I think it's chilled and nothing wrong for girls to play video games it's cute, i think they are jelous and wana play to but they can't bec they said that its kid-ish and it wld make them look stupid so just ignore them and remember its ur life enjoy it and play games!!! All the best

• You don't have to pay attention to that kind of people that try to Change you, fuck with them, your live, your decisions, your way to live it

• Because there from the 1950's

• The stigma is that girls who play games and like comics look like degenerates.

What Girls Said 5

• I think your family are mainly concerned about the attitudes you might pick up while playing particular video games like vilolent ones but I say hell to that. You are in control of your person just show them that video games are there for you as much as for anyone else to have fun and they won't affect your level of attractiveness or 'lady likeness' if you don't want them to.

• I think they have it in their heads that video games are a guy thing which isn't true at all. I have plenty of female friends and acquaintances who play video games and a lot of them have boyfriends or are married so clearly there are men who don't think it's weird. I enjoy the occasional video game myself and I have never freaked out any man I have dated by telling him that.

• Video games are seen as masculine since the games are very "boyish" like saving princesses & racing cars. But so what?

Haters gonna hate...

• I play video games still and I'm a mom so I think that's the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard in my life! Have a happy day 😊

• Most men love the fact that I like games, until I beat them.