Do you read and not respond to texts?

If you are the type of person who reads and doesn't respond to a text, please explain why you do it, and who you do you think is supposed to initiate contact again?

Side-question: The girl I've been talking to for a while has been starting to read/not respond again lately. I used to message her again the next day and start a new conversation, but I'm really tired of trying when it doesn't look like it's going anywhere. She read and didn't respond to my text (during a normal conversation) on Friday night. It's now Tuesday night, and neither of us have tried contacting each other since. Do I just wait for her to contact me? Or should I reach out to her?

What Girls Said 1

• The only time I hve not responded to texts is if its the end of the conversation. Typically people don't respond to texts because they are not interested or don't know what to say.

What Guys Said 1

• One of my pet peeves when someone 'reads' the message and doesn't reply but regarding the girl I don't think she's interested if you're having to do all the leg work and she's not reciprocating at all sorry :(