Online dating, tinder and others.. What do you talk about?

So I'm new to this online dating stuff and I tried tinder. Got a match, started the conversation but I honestly don't know what to talk about? I mean I prefer to get to know someone in person.. So far I've asked about how was her weekend and new year. She is replying but I feel like this is a one way conversation.. She doesn't ask much, is this normal behavior? Sure I could ask and learn about what she likes and such but being used to do that in person I'm not too sure. So what I'm really after is what do you talk about? Maybe I'm over thinking this and should just chill out and talk about whatever I want..

Enlighten me online dating gurus =)

Most Helpful Guy

• I just got tinder on my android just to check out whats out there, an i must say i got addicted to the swiping thing. When i get matches, i just try to make them laugh if i can. I don't really take it that seriously. Try to approach things like tinder with a light hearted attitude. Also note that a lot of the girls are actually call girls looking for your money, but you'll figure that out pretty fast. And you can try asking them something besides the obvious (like how was their new year). It's tempting i know, but it can help garner some interest if she thinks you're a little different from her dozens of other matches

• Yeah I didn't flat out ask her how was her new year or weekend I made a funny joke on the subject which she found funny and told me about more about it. I try to avoid the obvious questions most of the time.

• Call girls? Lol I'm not a call girl lol. Lamee haha.

• @coffeprince

Hey, I didn't say all women on tinder were call girls

What Girls Said 4

• Nothing. I don't do that shit.
    Women get approached like crazy while men try to woo them with "you look pretty/interesting/bangable" comments. And the majority of women ignore them and pick the most attractive studs.
    It's madness, don't do it.

• Ask her about her favorite movies. Maybe you can take that and run with it. From there you could see if there is a movie out that she would like to see. Then ask her if she would accompany you to go see it. overall asking her about her likes and dislikes should make her feel like you actually want to get to know her.

• Haha OK OK. Truce.. :P

• Talk about her profile. But meet up right away, don't talk too much

What Guys Said 2

• A bunch of those sites are meat markets, but I and a few people I know have had great experiences with oKCupid. It takes a while to answer enough questions to get a good match but it's worth it. Good luck!

• Tinder: Where desperation meets low self esteem