Online Long Distance Dating?

Would you ever date someone long distance that you found online?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe (add comment please)

Most Helpful Girl

• Nearly four years ago a man from Egypt found me on Facebook and we had started a whirlwind romance. After getting to know him better on Skype, I then flew over to the magical land of Cairo where I stayed with him and his family for 30 days. Things went so well that after returning home, I hopped on board again, this time tying the knot at the Ministry of Justice. I remained there awhile, learning how to be a Muslim's wife.
    I am back in the states now and with out many ups and downs, break ups and make ups in being in this marriage, it has caused strife in our life. I haven't been back to be with him in a very long time, due to the incessant problems escalating out in the Middle East and it has caused us to fall apart in many ways... I ended up cheating on him a few years back and this was the domino affect that This had on our relationship.
    It takes two special people to Have and to Uphold a LDR. If only One is making the effort to work at it can go dead real quick in the water. Both partners have to make the effort and take the time and patience to be a team or there is Nothing... and of course, not only face to face online with cam but being able to See once another and be together is one of the biggest factors in keeping things alive and well.
    Many people have made it work but for others it may not be for them. I have answered many a Question here for GAG members who have had Many problems in LDR and with this, the partners have pulled back, ending the relationship because they realized on their end that it just wasn't for them.
    It take two to tango and two to make this kind of special relationship, which is One of the hardest to handle,
    come together and stick like glue. It needs certain nursing and nurturing to be two birds two birds of a feather and a foundation to Continue in the nest so Nothing goes South in the end. xx

What Guys Said 5

• i would only do it if we both agreed to visit each other on vacations and holidays.

• As much as it would be fun, I can't do long distance anymore.

Did it twice, both failed. It's exhausting not to be able to physically see someone.

I would totally be up for meeting someone online and then eventually dating them in real life though. That seems downright dandy.

• ay big poppa I'll meet you in the upper peninsula ;) ;) ;)

• @linkywinky
      You know if I'm ever in Michigan I'll be like "WHERE MY LINKY ATTTTT"

I do want to visit Detroit. Not kidding.

• long distance is hard enough as it is. 9/10 times it'll never last.

• have you ever tried it?

• both ways, long distance with someone I knew IRL, and long distance with someone I met online.

IRL lasted a bit longer, but thats because I knew her for 3 years and we were dating for 3 months before I moved away. She ended up cheating on me & broke my heart. We had big plans, so it was rough.

Internet dating is just... lol. Wouldn't last more that a couple weeks tops. Especially long distance.

• I would give it a try. What if they were my soul mate?

• That is a perfect answer

• You would have to work hard at it to keep the communication.

What Girls Said 4

• i wouldn't date them unless i met them in person. he would have to be a pretty out of this world kinda guy tho.

• no. he would have to come to me. or at least pick me up. we can escape to somewhere else together. (:

• Maybe, but I don't know. I've never been in the situation to make that decision. I think I crave too much of the physical to do it, though. But as I said, I'm not sure because it's never been a thing.

• Slight possibility. Slight.