Would you tell your family about a potential love interest?

I've been talking to this guy for a really long time (since probably September) and we are "just friends", but within the last week or so we've talked about making things official. Anyways, he always drives his sister to school (she's a freshman and we're seniors) and they walk in together. Usually he just says hi, because he comes in right by my locker, but today he said hi and then I noticed she kept turning around and staring at me as they were walking and he kept leaning over and whispering stuff to her. As far as I know, hardly anyone knows that we even have a thing, so I thought it was weird that he told his sister about it, since they're not really even close. Would you tell your family about someone that you thought you might date even though there's no real guarantee that it will ever become official? I'm trying to figure out if that means he likes me more than he lets on or he's just being weird. Again, he and his sister don't really talk, so I thought it was weird that he was telling her about me. Any help is much appreciated! :)

I'm not asking if I should tell my siblings, I'm asking why he would randomly tell his if he didn't think we were going to go anywhere

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he told his sister because he really likes you , and usually siblings that are close tell eachother those type of things when they matter to them so I think he really wants to make it official :)

What Guys Said 3

• Well the day before my brother left for college we were staying at my grandma's and had to bunk together. Before falling asleep we talked for about 3 hours just about girls, even though he's not very experienced, just more than I am. And we'd NEVER talked about that stuff before.

Two days ago I texted him "how should I ask this girl out" and he was all excited that I finally wanted to do something, and so he gave me some tips, you know.

Anyway, siblings can be great to talk about that with. I bet the advice is super valuable if your sibling is the opposite gender.

• I tell my family stuff like that so I couldn't see why not.

• no... i keep a lot of things for myself

What Girls Said 1

• I did present to my family the guy who would become my boyfriend. He is now my ex, but still a friend of the family.