Would you date someone who doesn't have a sharp mind and didn't think the same way as you?

I dont know how to phrase the question without sounding mean, so please bare with me.

Suppose that you think on your feet very quickly and you are more witty than an average person. Would you date someone whose thinking level and understanding are below average if you like them? Say.. You two get along pretty well but there are very obvious times when you two are not on the same page because he or she is a little slow in understanding things at times. It can ruin/slow down a fun/upbeat conversation when you have to explain what you mean in a joke or statement more than 3 times.. What if sometimes, you realize something as plain as day and then he or she thinks you're wrong because they don't understand and then they argue that you are wrong? Even when you try to explain. Would this bother you?

Like I said though, it's not too often that something like this would happen when you spend time with each other. However, would it bother you?

• Yes, it would bother me, even if we did have a good connection otherwise.
  • No, it would not bother me since we have a good connection otherwise.

Most Helpful Girl

• Intelligence and quick wit are a must. Agreeing on every viewpoint? No thank you. I'd go insane.

What Guys Said 1

• Communication is everything. If you can't communicate on the same level, you're going to have a ad time.

What Girls Said 3

• he doesn't have to think the same but yes he has to be really intelligent.

• It would be annoying and tough, but I would try to make it work if I feel like he's worth it

• Oops I meant to vote A