Should I consider just giving up?

I'm short... very short, 5'2 actually. Unfair as it is we all know I don't really stand a chance with most women. I'm told to just be yourself, be comfortable, have confidence, its not about the looks, try to do eye contact, listen to them while they speak, and ask questions about the girl. Well I do that. I'm also nice and funny from what I'm told.

I'm 31 now and I've only had one girlfriend, but do to the military we split (long story). I'm also told I should wait and the right person will come to me. Sounds nice but what if the right person was told the same thing to wait. Then nobody will be coming.

• YES
  • NO
... Giving up on trying to get a date or a girlfriend

Most Helpful Girl

• If you had a girlfriend before, then you can get one again.

Whoever told you to "wait and the right person will come" was either wrong, or perhaps just worded it a little poorly. If you sit and do nothing, then of course you'll be getting nowhere. If you want to find someone, you gotta put some effort in, jeez.

What Girls Said 4

• Look for a woman to respect you. If she won't approach you or show interest in you because of your height, forget it.

• Give up on what?

• What is the question again

• Give up if you want, but if you give up then it's probably more definite you'll not meet anybody.

What Guys Said 3

• "Sounds nice but what if the right person was told the same thing to wait. Then nobody will be coming."

That's actually pretty philosophical. That's a surprisingly good quote.

• Go to some festival or concert or better yet some gathering - like comicon. If you find any woman there then you have one thing already covered - and that is something to talk about because if they are there, then chances are that you have at least some common interests.

Also, you've been in the military - use that to your advantage. Many women like men of uniform - it gives the impression that these are men with self-sacrificing ideals.

Best of luck man.

• Well I'm out of the military now and from what I've seen a lot of women prefer guys that are still in the military. They don't want a veteran sadly.

• Why to give up? Go out, talk to girls, be smart, be strong, be the man and never give up ( :

• I'm about to give up to man. Life sucks