Decided not to date girls because I'm beta?

I determined that I don't have enough social intelligence to provide an edge, humor, etc to keep girls attracted and entertained for long. Only good at being just friends. I'm just a tech savvy geek/nerd whos more serious rather than humorous. If the alpha/beta theory is right, trying to date one would violate the laws of nature anyway, right? Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy single life.

Hey everyone, thanks for the comments! I was a bit down this morning but I am fine now. Good to know that I don't need to worry about the alpha/beta thing. It's true I do enjoy being single but I'm just taking time and not rushing. I do have a best female friend that I enjoy my company with and learned a lot from her. she's younger than me but I don't care on age, I have friends of all ages.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do what you want but there are a lot of women your age looking for a good, stable guy. If you can be that, you are set. The teenagers and early 20s, who make up a lot of this site, are fixated on "alpha" or "confident" and I have to laugh because most of those guys end up as average performers at best after 10-20 years. Bruce Springsteen had a song called "Glory Days" that was probably written about these types. I was not who they would have been looking for early on but I ate those other guys for lunch in the business world. All flash no bang... The fun guy at the Christmas party but not the guy with the seat at the table. Dont worry about those guys.

• Thanks, I'm better now as I was a little down this morning. I still enjoy being single, but I'm open minded for the possiblity of meeting someone. I have to be careful though, I see so many failed marriages these days.

What Girls Said 6

• Alright, if you say so.
    What's the purpose of this question?

• You're over 35 and you buy into this whole alpha/beta BS? lol.

• As I said, I was actually a bit down earlier but I'm fine now. I think I need a vacation somewhere lol.

• Yooo this dude is over 35 and thinks like this. Man you should give your self a whole lot more credit. I think you look down on your self far too much and this is why you feel this way. Our life is what we make it. If you have a beta mindset then that is what you'll be.

Its all up to you to make a change.

• I'm ok now, I was just down a bit this morning but I am ok now. I'm actually working to improve myself, although its true i still enjoy being single at this time. Thanks for the comment.

• From my experience the true beta guys are the abusive, douchy ones because they feel unworthy and like the have something to prove *cough cough* True alphas are confident and nice.

• *cough cough*--bullshit--*cough cough*

oh geez whatever cold is going around must be really bad. i think i'm coming down with something

• You got a point, my best female friend dated all sorts of jerks in the past. They acted manly and macho, but on the inside they were actually insecure. One of them was very clingy, he would keep calling dozens of times until she finally heard her cell. Can you believe that?

• Exactly! That's exactly what I was trying to say but unfortunately I'm not good at putting my thoughts into words. Haha. Anyway, alpha/beta doesn't really matter. The only thing that matters is confidence and how you treat others

• Ummmmm. . . Ok. What's the question exactly?

• cool... more for me :3

• LOL! Thanks for the comment.

What Guys Said 11

• you are only a beta because you admit you are. you can get a girl bruh. you just have to try after every failure. keep trying. but if you enjoy single life then just do what you enjoy, nothing wrong with it.

• actually no thats not true. i mean there are steps he can take to become more alpha, practicing different body language, strict workout regiment, and an overall greater confidence and dominance in his daily life. but its not like he can just perceive himself to be alpha and be alpha. this isn't the secret.

• it just takes a bit more to man up than it used to. its not like the future of the human race is at stake.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwPFnvniA7w
      en.wikipedia.org/.../John_B._Calhoun
      oh wait, it is.

• Thanks again for the reply bros. I'm actually ok now. What I am actually doing to improve myself is not to think whatever I am alpha or beta, but just allow myself to learn from my mistakes, not afraid to be honest, etc. People told me I talk like I could be some leader but I have yet gotten the opportunities to practice learning that and see if it is the actual me. Any ideas on how to practice this? By the way, one of my best friends is a cute, young smart girl who i chat with frequently.

• "Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy single life." <--- "shakes hands" i agree with you.

anyway whatever floats your boat brother... also this alpha/beta theory is just BS. Some girls they just don't care about "alpha males"

• If you enjoy being single I see no problem, good for you.

You are what you decide you are.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right.

• That sucks

Escorts bruh

• No one cares what you do or don't do. No one.

• I understand being an outcast. Just go pursue your own interests and the hell with it.

• Well you're being honest with the alpha/beta thing. I'm not saying that you're lying about enjoy being single but I see you're trying to talk yourself into enjoying it and that's a good step

• good for you

• "If the alpha/beta theory is right, trying to date one would violate the laws of nature anyway, right?"

Monogamy is fairly wide spread across many cultures - if what you're was correct most men would be single and just a few men would have harems of women.

• If a girl doesn't want to share her man she should go for a beta...

• SMH... The defeatist mental is what makes you a "beta."

Look, I get it, the dating realm is stacked against the vast majority of men. You have to look, smell, speak, act, be "packing," & fuck a certain way just to be deemed "worthy for something other than friendship. The vast majority of girls, on this site, prove that with the shit they say. As far as most of them are concerned, most guys could kill themselves overnight, so long as the hot guys with big dicks are left. They wouldn't shed a tear. We're looked at as extremely expendable to them. They hold no apologies for it. They don't give a single fuck about what most guys feel. It's all about them. It's life. So what do most guys have to do?

STOP GIVING A FUCK.

Seriously. Focus on you. Improve yourself & your life. When you do, the rare women, the ones worth something, will start showing up. And enough with the alpha/beta bullshit. You're a man. Be the man YOU want to be, everyone else be damned.

• Thanks again, I'm actually ok now.

• Great. I'm sure I speak for everyone here that I'm beyond stoked and excited for you, and I care deeply that you decided to inform us of this new realization in your life. In no way does this resemble anything like pity, and I'm now going to jot this information down in my "Things I Care Deeply About" notebook that I carry with me at all times.