Why do girls never date the nice guy?

Girls always go for the bad boy that ends up breaking their hearts when there is a nice romantic boy that will stay with them forever. Why do they choose the bad guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• It has nothing to do with being nice or bad. It has everything to do with personality/excitement. What's more fun... a girl who is nice but sits around all day watching Netflix? or a girl who parties and isn't afraid to voice her opinions? Ill take the girl who lives on a thrill ride any day. "nice" people are boring/lame

What Girls Said 7

• Why do guys only go for the pretty girls?
    Boys only chase after the pretty girls that end up breaking their hearts when there is a romantic ugly girl that will stay with them forever.
    Why do they choose the pretty girl?

Why do guys always cheat?
    It seems like no matter how smart, pretty, sweet a girl is, he will always cheat. Why would he do that?
    Why do guys always cheat?

These are stupid generalizations. Just like you did @asker.

• Hello :) You appear to be speaking in generalizations based upon limited negative/positive past experiences. The terms "Good" & "Bad" can be taken subjectively so they may not mean the same things to the same people. Labeling things as either "Good" or "Bad" is usually based on individual judgments, especially when it comes to human characteristics in intimate relationships. We all tend to want different things in a mate. However, to address your question, I think that it depends on that particular girl's value system. You did not really outline specifically any examples of what you mean by GOOD/BAD so I will assume that you mean boys that will not be faithful, treat the girl with respect, boys that only want one thing or boys that are not looking for anything serious as Bad? and boys that want a girlfriend, that want to do nice things for a girl and boys that are faithful as Good? Not all girls are looking for a relationship. They may just be looking for a friend to have fun with and entertain them. "Bad" boys tend to offer a bit of "danger" or "excitement" to girls that have grown up with more "traditional" values & upbringings. Most people at one point or other in their lives have done something that they believed was "bad" just for the pure excitement of doing something "out of the box". Also, opposites attract. There are plenty of "odd" couples out there that may not fit more traditional models for relationships. Again, it's about individual values/preference. Also, just because someone is "Nice" or "Good" does not mean that someone will find them attractive. How many "nice" girls do you know that you are not PHYSICALLY attracted to? well this same rule applies to girls. You can't make the assumption that just because they are girls that they are all attracted to or want the same things. Either way, this should have no bearing on who you are or your worthiness as a BF. The right girl for you will love the exact qualities that YOU have, both good and bad:)

• Couldn't help but notice the generalizations SCREAMING out at me. Girls ALWAYS pick the "bad boy" over the nice guy? No way. Bad boys are repulsive to me. So that's is nowhere near true.

• That's a stEREOTYPE PERPETUATED BY TEEN MOVIES AND BITTER GUYS

I've never liked a jerk... unless you count one time when I was 14, and I don't. (He was nice to me tho)

I can't stand jerks of either gender.

• i would loooooooove to date a nice guys! Its like nice, smart, cute guys are endangered.

• Get your fedora and get back to Reddit, please.

• girls don't always chose the douche it's just a primal thing. When they see a bad boy they see a hunter, protector, and someone with strong genes. For me I'd rather have someone sensitive than an asshole.

What Guys Said 5

• But I saw one of your recent opinions show that you like bad girls...

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1285795-good-girls-or-bad-girls-which-do-guys-prefer

• Nice and romantic are bonuses when you're dating someone, they're not why you want to date them in the first place.

People date who they're attracted to, then stick with them if they make them happy.

• That's false.

Many who claim to be "nice guys" are the real bad ones.

• Girls like nice ATTRACTIVE guys, who can be a challenge.

• Because girls don't know what they want. They like the bad boy because he is "exciting" and when they hit their prime they want the nice guy because they know they hit the wall and their looks are fading so they become desperate and then when they can't find men they say, "where have the good guys gone". Notice girls date guys older than them generally. A lot of people confuse the difference between a pushover who acts desperate and a genuine guy who is nice. I was raised to have manners and I am in high school. Sometimes I open or hold a door for someone if I am behind or in front of a person when I am entering a classroom. Just because you have manners, it doesn't mean that your weak. I think women love abusive, unreliable guys. Look at the divorce rate and single mothers. The best thing a nice guy can do for now is date women in their 30's and get laid or date foreign women. Foreign women are wayyy better than American Women. If you want proof, just google tom Leykis and check out some of his videos. He himself has experience and he talks about it in his videos and callers prove his point whether agreeing or disagreeing with him. He is hilarious at times too.