How do I know if my boyfriends controlling?

sometimes I feel he's really controlling, he tells me not to wear tight shirts and gives me times to be home from my friends houses etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have to make a thread about him he already is

What Guys Said 3

• Whether he is or not is something he's doing, not something you're feeling. How does he say these things? What does he do to get his way? Are these things normal? What happens when you try to discuss your feelings? Is that normal? These are the questions you need to ask yourself. Ignore the female opinions here. They find abuse in every scenario no matter what.

• Considering you are under 18 im going to go with he's just a guy thats worried about losing you. If it ever escalates to the point of he starts showing up where you are at or even becomes remotely violent dump his ass. Personally i would right now because he's obviously not mature enough yet.

• What does controlling mean to you? Since you have to ask if he is.

What Girls Said 3

• that's super controlling. he's telling you what you're allowed to wear and where you are allowed to be at what time. if that isn't controlling, i don't know what is. that's not acceptable.

• Those are examples of being controlled. Not even in marriage should a husband be like that. Talk to family members and get out of the relationship before it escalates.

• he's insecure and controlling! I've been in a situation like this. Does he hit you?

• That does not mean he's insecure he just want to make a good girl out of her

• Guys are controlling from insecurity. When they feel weak or feel a certain way they tend to become controlling. If you think that he is not insecure and that he is trying to make a "good girl" out of her then maybe you are one of these controlling deuchebags that needs to F OFF

• It seems to be maybe you are one of those lib minded bitches that needs a wake up call. That is in no way insecure Its shaping her up so she stops dressing as a slut is al