Do you guys look after your girlfriend when she's sick?

If your girlfriend were sick with the flu or food poisoning, would you stay with her and help her? My boyfriend does and I'm not sure if that's a standard thing for guys to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to when I had a girlfriend. It's kind of nice.

I feel oddly at peace when I hand her a bucket and then she throws up into it. I helped!

What Guys Said 7

• I definitely would
    I mean I obviously wouldn't dote by her bed 24/7 I have to work
    But whenever I am home and not extremely busy I would focus all of my spare time on my gf
    I don't get sick easily so I probably wouldn't catch her sickness so yeah itotally would
    I would stay home from work if my gf was very sick
    But if it was jusy like a cold or something I would go to work

• Of course. Maybe not all guys would but doing stuff like that is the kind of day-to-day care and affection that helps make a great marriage. So its good to make it a habit beforehand.

• When I get the chances yes. I'd be her bitch for the time being.

• No. Too busy.

• Yeah, I would hope she would do the same for me.

• Psh no I let them deal with there on problem

• Not if I don't want to get sick. Family is one thing because we're always around each other but girlfriends are a dime a dozen. If I can help it, I will stay away as much as possible. I'm losing my health insurance in March (I'll be turning 26 which is when you lose your parents health insurance) and I'm jobless so, I can't get sick and force my girlfriend to go in to bankruptcy just to take care of me because she was the one who got me sick

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sure a lot of guys like to do that. Do I like it? Nah.

Like, get the fuck away from me my throat hurts, my nose is running, I have a pounding headache and your presence is just making me feel stressed out because you're hovering and worrying about me. Knock it off.

Do I mind when he's there but not necessarily taking care of me? No. I don't mind that. I don't mind company. But usually when I'm sick I'm snuggled under blankets with all the lights out and the windows covered and nothing is getting me out of bed except for maybe if I run out of tissues. I do suppose he'd be useful then.

• My bf does and I believe it shows he cares. Just like if the roles were reversed I would do the same. Compassion is in everyone.