How to just move on?

I was never in a relationship with this guy but we were something before he had to leave for school. Over the last few months it's gone to shit and I feel so sad and disappointed. I haven't cried, but I feel like I could. I had only known him a couple weeks when he left for school but I cried then, knowing that we wouldn't really be able to pursue anything because of that, and I am not the type of girl to cry over a guy.

Have you ever met someone that you just wanted to be with so badly? Despite the obvious signs that it's not going to work? I'm an attractive girl and I could go out and find a guy but I don't want to, even though I know this is going nowhere. I was cheated on by a guy and I wasn't nearly as sad as I am about this guy who wasn't even my boyfriend. What's wrong with me? How do you get over someone you thought was perfect?

What Guys Said 1

• i understand completely as a guy, im one of the "nice ones" i treat a girl the way i feel they should be treated. i always get walked on or cheated on. I've been down that road once before, if you really think he's worth it, go for it. Otherwise it will be just like a relationship just give it time and meet new people. You will get there.

• I did think he was worth it but he's so shady. He'll reach out to me first, we'll make plans to hangout, and when it comes time to see each other he starts to ignore me and then he does it all over again in a couple of weeks when he's home again. Every time I try to move on he gets my attention again and then bails, leaving me feeling like an idiot. So finally I called him out and he never responded, so whatever it was is truly over.

• I'm a nice guy also and I have been walked on a lot and cheated on. There was this girl that I dated for 2 weeks and even thou we only dated for 2 weeks I wanted to be with her so badly that it hurt deeply knowing that I couldn't because she wasn't ready. Haven't talked to her in over 2 weeks and she keeps ignoring my text when she says she wants to meet up sometime. Time heals all wounds, even the heart. Stay strong.

• I've always lived by "if there is a will there is a way" and "if its meant to be it will be" honestly, if he doesn't want anything to do with you. His loss, someone else will appreciate you. I thought i loved 2 of the girls I've dated. I recently met someone that completely changed my view on the word "love" and she enjoys the nice guy. I found my keeper, i wish you luck on yours.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm kind of going through the same thing right now... when I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years I didn't feel even as bad as I feel not having this guy as mine. Sometimes you just meet someone who feels to be the one, someone who falls so deep into your heart. But what can you possibly do about it if he just isn't up for anything with you? I know that it feels like you're not good enough. But you can't change the way the person feels about you. All you can do is get yourself busy, concentrate on school work/hobbies etc. whenever you think about him, do something that'll distract you. Sooner or later, he'll be out of your life, even though it's so hard to believe. Wish you all the best!
    Massage me if you wanna chat, we could help each other move on :)

• Yeah the worst part is, he reels me back in. We won't talk for weeks as we're both busy for school and one day he'll randomly say "coming home for the weekend" or "hey what's up? Let's hang out :)!" And then when it comes time to hangout he bails. It's really strange behavior. And very confusing for me.

• Yeah that's what I'm saying. I get that he's shy but he doesn't have to be so rude. I even told him "just be straight up with me" and he never responded, which marked the end of whatever we had. I'm done taking that shit, but I still think about him all the time and it makes me sad whenever I see his car (we live in the same neigborhood) but he made his decision by not being honest. You should ask this guy what his intentions are, is he back permanently?