Really annoying parents who interrupt dates to ask for chores to be done?

I can't even do dates or even just simply sit and watch a movie with my boyfriend because his parents call him or text him during dates. Movies keep getting interupt because parents like to come in and talk. They constantly started to pull him away everyday to do chores and they never done this. Help. I'm getting so frustrated and don't know if it's worth staying in this relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you like him, it's worth staying in a relationship with him. Talk to your boyfriend and explain how frustrating this is to you. See if he can talk to his parents and work something out so as long as he gets all of his chores done in time, they'll give you and him some space. This is pretty much between him and his parents, so it's up to him to see how much compromise he can have with his parents. Ask him if he can say something like "Parents, I know you care about me a lot, but it would be nice if I could have a little more space on my dates with ____." Hopefully your boyfriend can be mature in this situation and his parents can learn to let go a little more.

Also, is he bothered by this at all? Or is it just you?

What Guys Said 2

• Dump him... What help do you need? It's gonna be like that for the rest of your lives, if you can't handle it then why bother? End it when it doesn't hurt.

• Tell him to do his chores before you come over...

• He does the ones he usually do but lately his parents have been pushing his bothers fair duties of chores onto him.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe it's his parents way to monitor you guys