When a guy says he isn't the relationship type?

So i've known this guy for a few months and he seemed rather interested initially but he once said he isn't the relationship kind of guy and that he is the kind who likes freedom. So from then on i assumed he probably wasn't that into me. But the thing is when we hung out, he complained that i always don't talk to him and asked what should he do to get my attention. I've never initiated texts but it's because i'm not sure about his intentions and if he might just be playing with me hence his mixed signals. I should probably just move on right?

Most Helpful Guy

• Saying he doesn't want a relationship and wants "freedom" basically means he only wants a casual relationship, aka friends with benefits . Hopefully I'm wrong.
    There's plenty of guys out there for you so there's no need to get frustrated over someone playing games.

• So then a guy like that wouldn't change his mind anytime soon right?

• Most likely not, I don't know how old this guy is but if he's in his early-mid 20s he's most likely not interested in a serious relationship. Although I will say sometimes people who say this are really they are just afraid of commitment and not "players".

What Guys Said 1

• umm this is a copy paste from me "used in another question like this one" so it might help or it might not help lolol

"im not really the relationship type of guy nor am i some player... but more or less the cool ass dude you hang around who can be trusted/talk about anything with anyone ^^

since i know i'm a guy who doesn't usually treat girls the best i stay single+my heart pumps at about 3F lol so i think imma save y'all the heart break "but if someone wanted to date i would"+ you also got to keep in mind im LOYAL like a MUTT no joke so when im in a relationship.. unlike most people these days i stick by the unwritten rules "so if im single i can do whatever i want without being a cheater"

im a stand up guy ^^ lolol

so maybe thats how he is also

What Girls Said 3

• I think you should move on. He might want a relationship in the future but it could take years. Most men need to be ready in their head for a relationship. For all you know, his epiphany could happen in six years. He probably don't want anything serious, not what you want and you could end up hurt.

• He told you that he isn't interested in a relationship, so I'd believe him. He sees you as a potential sex partner, that's it. And that's exactly how he's treating you. So yes, move the fuck on! He sounds like a total douche. You could do SO much better!

• Wow this sounds like what I was going through not that long ago, I really like the guy but I'm the serious type of girl so i have to move on cause I don't like games and he doesn't want anything serious plus he flirts with a whole lot of females and i noticed he says the same crap he said to me to other females on Instagram