Do you find 'Tinder' beneficial when it comes to dating?

Have you had a successful relationship with someone off tinder? Or do you think tinder is just for hook ups? What's your opinion.

• Yes it's beneficial
  • No it's just for hook ups
  • Could go either way

Most Helpful Guy

• never tried it as by the time Tinder came out I was already in a relationship but I probably would've tried it.

I think it could go either way, but as with most dating services it does seem that lot of people to join for more casual relationships. mostly as with most dating services it does require a lot of sifting through people... my feeling on Tinder is that it is more so for casual hookups or relationships rather than long term dating

What Guys Said 31

• 7|3
    • hahha, wel that should answer it. :3

• Lol perfect. Now I know what tinder is <3 Definitely gonna use that shit lol or at least try it. I need a Dominatrix :3

• its beneficial to socialize. even when it doesn't come to hooking up, you can find someone in the area to hangout with when going out.

• Lets put it this way, Girls will most probably get tons of guys wanting to hook, to be honest nothing new, the real world is not to far from that as well

Like any online dating site it goes like this

(Considering you look decent)
    Serious girls have a hard time BUT serious guys have it easy**
    Girls wanting casual will be satisfied and find plenty of guys, for guys its a toss up

(Not so attractive people)
    serious girls and guys will both have a hard time
    Not so serious girls and guys won't either find much

at the end of the its how you look and what your looking for, BUT girls will experience much more sexual encounters, but to be fair its not so different if she goes to a club/bar or anywhere for that matter

• Although theoretically things could go either way, I've never seen an actual relationship come out from Tinder. Even because the couple always remembers that the defining criteria for a date is attractiveness, not similar interests, so that kinda ruins it for many people

• its cool because you already know everyone you match up with is already interested so you dont waste time and energy. its not because online dating sucks in general and there are better ways to meet women. and while its probably more likely you'll end up with a random hookup than other sources, well lets be honest girls are weirdly into imposing commitment on random strangers

• Tinder is mostly going to draw in people with the no-strings-attached, bang-one-out mentality. It may in theory be harder to find lasting romance with it, since the guys will infer you to be a purely sexual object off the flop, but aside from that I am a firm believer in love finding a way. When you meet that special person you just know, regardless of how you meet. Plus you know both parties love sex, so you won't be lacking in that department! :)

• After what happened in Australia with that girl and guy that meet after talking on Tinder, it goes to show you never really do know who you are talking to.

• It's not just for hookups. I've had good conversations, short relationships, pretty much the standard stuff you'd get from POF or OKC.

There's a lot of duckfaced cocktail dress girls on there, but there's some really good ones too, you just have to take the time to find them.

• I have never seen it work as a "hook up site"
    I have had 4 dates from Tinder. lasting between 1 and 3, and once 10, dates.
    but Tinder and POF. Com are what I use. I don't like any of the other sites.

• I vote D, waste of time

• i think its fun. I get so addicted to the swiping motion, i can find myself doing it for like an hour. I've gotten a few matches on it, and some of the girls were alright. This one girl im talking to is a big Game of Thrones fan, and we've just been discussing the different characters and such. It can be alright if you keep your expectations at a reasonable level

• All them phone apps can be good to socialize but seriously
    no one on them are looking for dating maybe hooks up for sex
    if that's what your looking for but that's about it and you got
    be careful cause there is creepers on them.

• it's a great tool for women to hook up and works for the occasional guy. It's essentially a streamlined "Craigslist -casual encounters" section.

• I got Tinder and it did nothing but bring my confidence and self esteem way way down. Didn't even get 1 match.

• It's for hookups

• Literally for hook-ups.

• I consider it for casual dating and one-night stands. I'd rather use match or okcupid for serious dating.

• Really? They advertise it as a hookup app.

• Okay but that's not all people use it for. Majority of people I find use it for hook ups- but it doesn't have to just be a 'one night stand' app. I've dated a guy from tinder for a few weeks before.. I met one of my best guy friends on it too. If that's all you wana use it for though- all the power to ya

• That's all I ever got. No actual conversations. It's just when do you want to meet up answers. Honestly I could care less if I meet up with someone. Rather actually have a conversation not a pick up.

• I think it's awesome. For no real reason.

• just dont use it! its so for hooking up, not for dating. sorry.

• never used it. I dont like the Facebook option tho

• Tried it it I got nothing at all out of it. Not a date , not a hookup, not a like.. Nothing! And I don't think I'm that bad looking...

• I've never used it is it a free app? From what I've read its better than POF and okcupid.

• Yeah it's a free app. You scroll threw pics of people and choose whether you 'like' or 'dislike' their photos/profile and if you 'like' someone and they 'liked' you, it let's you both know you matched

• What is 'Tinder'?

• Are you telling me Tinder can be used for something else than looking for casual sex?

• I never even met anyone off of tinder. It's just an utter failure for me -.-

• Every thing is money in this world

• Haven't been there yet...

• It's good for hook ups and hookups only.

• its pretty fun at least. Some cure girls, some weirdos

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 23

• I had Tinder and Badoo (another dating app exactly like Tinder) on my phone up until last week. The majority of guys (and probably girls too) on this app just want one night stands and sex. BUT I did happen to meet a few interesting guys (3 to be exact). I have been on 4-5 dates with one of the guys and things are going pretty well.

SO basically, not all guys on this app want just sex. But if you want to find someone who wants a relationship, you have to search pretty hard :)

Hope that helped :)

• Good luck with the tinder guy! Yeah I've found about 90% of tinder guy just want sex. I have met a good guy friend from it though, we're both volleyball players so it worked out (for friendship, not dating )

• Thanks! I had a date with yesterday actually, and right before I left he asked me when I was free next week :) So I guess I'll be seeing for a 5-6th time :) and wooh that's awesome :D I have 2-3 friends who met their current bf/gf on an app like that, so it does work haha and friendship? first time I've heard of it, but that's cool :D

• Who's to say? It can go either way. I use to be a stripper and thats where I found the love of my life- the strip club, lol. They say dating in a strip club is a no- no. The thing about love, is that you ALWAYS find it in the strangest places... at least for me. Real love is never forced, real love usually finds you before you find it.

• I'm not really a fan. It's mostly for hook-ups, although sometimes you find a few guys who genuinely want a relationship. It takes some sifting through to find them like any other dating site. Personally I still prefer meeting someone in person, but that's me =/

• Generally, it is used for hook-ups, however, it's possible that you could meet some potentially great guys! I have never been on tinder, but I have been on an on-line dating service and it worked out. I dated many guys before I met my current boyfriend who is the love of my life. Usually on-line dating sites are stigmatized as a last resort for those who are desperate, but I am living proof that it can work out :)

• Almost all the Tinder guys in my area are horny college douchebags and the majority of first messages i get on there are "you wet?" "dtf?" "wanna trade pics?" so I almost never respond.

I prefer older and more substantial guys than you find on Tinder

• I have not used the soc stuff yet.
    Got the guy I want for now anyway.
    Still, I think I would maybe try it if we split.

• I don't know what tinder is but if it's an online dating site at all, they are always used for just hook ups.

• I've dated two guys from Tinder. My current one is really confusing and I don't know what he wants & the other one was a prick. I've never used Tinder to hook up, but think guys can tell I'm not interested in that so it's cool

• It seems like a lot of guys just want to chat and nothing more , or hook up haven't met anyone yet from it. At the moment it's been just chatting I've had talks about meeting up thats it so not sure still seeing.

• It's for hookups...

• never met anyone on tinder who wanted more than just to hook up

• Tinder is great for hook-ups.
    I have met several men, some of which I have seen more than once and a couple who have become regular.
    I really don't think its a place to meet a 'partner' or to find a 'relationship'

• With all the bad news I been hearing about Tinder, there is no way!.

• I voted B filler

• i dont think tinder is a really good dating resource like any other dating app or page.

• I met my boyfriend on tinder.

• Most guys go on tinder with the intention of finding a hookup not a relationship..

• I don't think it would be for relationships as such.

• never trust internet nothing in it is ever serious or real

• Dont even know what that is?

• One of my friends told me to go on Tinder and I assumed it was just for hook ups. But I just moved to a new city and a new country so I thought why not? I might at least make some friends out of it. I met a really nice guy who happened to be in the same boat- he had just moved to the same city as well and was either looking for new friends... or 'friends' , whatever ;). We hit it off and we've been seeing each other for about 3 1/2 months now.

I'd say it takes itself a lot less seriously than POF or Ok Cupid and there is the ease of setting up an account. You just have to link it to your Facebook instead of filling in an actual profile so it seems less 'looking for a real relationship' than the others but who knows, right? If it brings two people together then it brings them together.

• Actually met my current boyfriend through Tinder

• I use it when I need attention or I'm mad at a guy and want to feel hot haha