Breast cancer and now no boobs

I am 43 and was married when I got breast cancer 12 years ago. Because of numerous recurrences and surgeries, besides a bilateral mastectomy, my entire chest is scarred and discolored from radiation.

When I was married, it wasn't a concern, but now that I am single, I don't know what to do. I don't wear prosthetics, just blouses. It's not apparent that I don't have breasts until I mention it. But how do I mention it and when. I'd like to start dating again, but frankly this is really, really difficult.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm really sorry about everythign you've been through- uckily, I think as you get past your 20's, looks become less of a concern, but either way, I'm sure that you're attractive enough for that not to be a huge concern to a future partner, a lot of woemn have various issues which I think we exaggerate within our own minds- yoours is obviously a lot more serious than most but if any man you meet and enter a relationship with is worth your time, it definately won't deter him from becoming intimate with you. I think if the situation arises, however, that tellign him beforehand will make it a lot easier for both of you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What Guys Said 2

• Given your age and maturity, your going to have to find some casual way of bringing this up in an early meeting discussion. No sane respectable and considerate man is going to laugh at your condition. And if there is even the slightest change in their behavior, then you automatically know he isn't worth the trouble.

• that sounds rough :/ I don't know what to say that can help or anything but I hope ur luck turns around and find someone nice :)

What Girls Said 2

• Forget about it while you are dating, just date like any person would. You're still the same person. You wouldn't talk about your breats when you first start dating someone anyway (unless you sleep with them soon). Once it gets to the point where you feel you need to tell them, when you really like one guy and you trust him then you can tell him about it. You can mention it earlier if it feels right. If he is a nice guy then it wouldn't put him off at all. Only a total twat would leave you after he found out. Because like I said, you're still the same person. There are so many women in your situation and they still go out and date and there are so many men out there who are happily in love with women in your situation. Don't let this put you off dating.

• Be confident about yourself! I know its difficult it must be, but not everything is on the outside. Date, yes date. You may want to tell men about what happened to you, it will naturally come out. If this guy really is worth it, he will just accept you. No matter what has happened to you, you will still be beautiful!