Help, I can't pull the trigger?

That's the phrase I use when I'm going to ask a girl out, except, I don't ask them out because my fear of rejection! I never had a problem approaching girls and getting to know them but when push comes to shove, I do nothing and up regretting it badly. So for the new years, I told myself I was going to take more risks, and I was wondering how you guys get over that fear of rejection? Or at least manage it so it doesn't hurt as bad. I want to hear from you guys! (Or girls)

Most Helpful Girl

• It it not the rejection that hurts, it is the expectation.

What Girls Said 2

• Just do it. Don't build it up in your head, that will only make rejection harder to deal with. It's like ripping off a band-aid. You're literally scared of nothing but a "no". "No" is merely a word. Nothing to be afraid of.

• Just do it. Practice what you'll say in the mirror the night before and walk right up to the girl and ask her out. Girls like confidence they think its cute. But if you keep thinking you'll get rejected than in your mind thats what will happen.

What Guys Said 3

• If a girl rejects you, what have you lost? A few minutes?

• You ask a girl out and she rejects you - you don't get to sleep with her
    You don't ask a girl out because you are scared - you don't get to sleep with her.

The outcomes are not different at all.

• Well if you don't know the girl it shouldn't bother you at all, it's not like your going to see her again. If you do know her just try and build something with her before asking her out. If she says no, you'll at least know you tried you're hardest