Can I date a friend who is in a relationship?

Hi all
So i met this guy 5 months ago and he is in a long distance relationship, we agreed we will just be friends since he in a relationship, he only sees his girlfriend once a year, we have gotten really close like we see each other everyday, we have not kissed but we sleep on the same bed and cuddle most nights,

I kind of like this guy and the fact that i spend so much time with him means i am loosing time to date other guys , i decided to stop seeing him and he tried to call me continuously for 3 days and i did not pick up , now he doesn't call me anymore and i do miss him, wondering if i should call him but not sure what i should say , help anybody?

Much appreciated

Most Helpful Guy

• No you can't date a guy in a relationship... just the fact you guys slept in the same bed while cuddling is excessive and could count as cheating. Imagine how he'll be with other women if you guys ever got together.
    Just go on your separate ways for now

• You are right , it doesn't feel right

What Guys Said 2

• hmm...

i was going to say something rude, but well... don't do it..

• Yeah, if you want to help him cheat, and be the other woman, go right ahead

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think it's a good idea for you to call him. if he is in a relationship even long distance he technically cheated on his girlfriend with you. If you call him you need to ask him if he will end his relationship with the other girl. for you if not then just try to forget about him and move on

• He has a girlfriend. Leave him alone.

• To me it sounds like your getting a little too close to this guy and that can get you hurt if you wanna be in a relationship with him then you should tell him how you feel you never know he may feel the same way and leave hus girlfriend for you all you can do is try i hope my opinion helps you

• Thanks, i guess i have been stupid for just shutting him out and not picking up his call

• No, cheating or encouraging cheating is wrong. Wait for him to be single, you've already gone too far by cuddling and sleeping in the same bed. The fact that he's calling you does not shine a good light on him either... you want a guy who acts that way when you're away? Or one who has more respect for you? This man is not one you want to tango with. You're already bringing out the worst in him and he's not going to treat you well in return.

• If my boyfriend cuddled with another girl I'd be pissed. Guy with a girlfriend means stay away. Its wrong to ruin a relationship.