Girls, would you dare to date a guy who was significantly better looking than you?

Or would you feel too intimidated by him, because he most likely has many options and might be a player? Even if he was trying to reassure you he wasn't that kind of guy and was looking for something serious.

Would you feel insecure and be afraid that you will get feelings for him and then he might dump you for someone else? Would you question why he was interested in you and be suspicious?

And if so would this prevent you from even taking the chance and date him?

• yes
  • no
the yes and no options in the poll is referring to the original question at the top, ie if you would date him, yes or no.

just to clarify.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 16

• My boyfriend (I feel) is much better looking than me. For sure. I genuinely have no idea why we're dating. I mean, I know, but I don't know how this managed to happen. I guess crashing into someone in the ocean and proceeding to seduce them with your awkward works sometimes :p

• If thats you two in your pic, (and im aware there is quite a lot of subjectivity to looks) then i would say you two are about the same level. But thats my opinion. With that said, i do think there is some objectivity when it comes to physical attractiveness, some people are considered attractive by many, while others are not so much, so i think there has to be some general consensus there, but it might be influenced by the media

• I actually think you're better looking, no offense to your bf.

• You negated your original question with another question on the description, so I can't really vote.

(i don't mess with players, never took them seriously. If I do find out that a guy I was talking to was a player, I'll dump him and smile.)

ANYWAY to answer your Q: First off, I would feel blessed.

But his uber-attractiveness isn't an excuse for me to belittle myself. Just because he's "more attractive" (maybe physically) there are qualities in me that make us equally beautiful in each other's eyes.

I would just maintain the relationship and make sure it was a healthy, super happy one.

I won't treat him like a princess. I'm the fucking princess.
    (even if his hotness would surpass mine)

• Well, my exes weren't ugly to me. But some people would tell me i could "do better". They both ended up cheating on me :(

I don't know. If I thought he was incredibly sexy, I feel so terrible for judging and saying this, but probably not. I am an insecure girl as is. I prefer to date similar in terms of looks. Average. I'd feel like maybe he'd be dying or waiting to go for a better looking girl, though that may not be the case, and my own insecurities would leave me completely unhappy in the relationship. Hell. I had that problem even with my average, who may actually have been "below" average (from what some people would tell me) ex boyfriends. The issue would be more me than him.

• My future husband will be 10x better looking than me. I only feel insecure if my partner feels attracted to other girls and is trying to get their attention, like friends just to flirt... irrelevan to if my boyfriend is the best looking guy or the worst looking. .. dating someone who looks better than me is not the problem... it`s the actions that make someone feel what they feel... or at least in my case, that`s how it is...

Before dating however,... if a very very attractive guy approaches me, i would probably get more nervous, than if someone of average looks were to approach me.

• Yes & No.

Yes because I would be thinking "why the hell is with me? He can do so much better. Their are better looking girls out there"

No, because if he reassures me and he hasn't betrayed my trust in any way then I wouldn't be that worried :)

• Yes? Just because I personally think he's significantly better looking than me doesn't mean everyone else does?

• sure y not? if he's a good man and he'll have me. men dont intimidate me.

• There's this one handsome suitor of mine before, I really like him at first because of his look but when I get to know him that's when i stopped communicating and never went on date when him. I mean who really wouldn't like to have a date on someone who is super hot and attractive but good personality is much better.

• ugly or nothing!

• Sure. If we were compatible and he wanted a committed relationship

• No but i''ll just have a one time affair and that's it.

• Looks really don't have anything to do with it. There was a guy I dated who wasn't the hottest person ever and then he cheated on me... twice... with the same person. So looks really don't matter I think.

• This is true but i think most people would agree that good looking people would on average be more likely to cheat since they most likely have more options of other partners. And even if that wasn't true im sure most people perceive things to be that way. This might influence their decisions, i have heard several girls tell me before that good looking guys are for hookups and average guys are better for relationship material because they are more loyal etc, of course they said it kind of jokingly but i still think some people might abide by that.

• I can see that, but of course like most things it just depends on the person :)

• Looks aren't everything! his personality might just as be as good as how he looks haha 😃

• Of course. Who wouldn't date this guy?
    38.media.tumblr.com/.../...4cLkWQ1tfljjeo1_500.jpg

• There is no such thing as "significantly better looking than" me; beauty is subjective

• Yes I don't see a problem with that lol just because a guy is good looking doesn't mean that he's a player or cheater. Looks isn't everything you know ;)

What Guys Said 3

• I'm the only one allowed to wear a bag on my head!

i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...400000578-527_634x750.jpg

• 1 HELL YEA they would since they could use him to make their friends jealous
    2 im sure they are going to wonder why he is dating them even though he could get a better looking girl ^^
    3 as long as he is a genuinely good guy there should be no problems and they girl would be happy lmao + glad to show him off in public

• their girl would be*
      +they'll gladly show him off in public*
      dating them, even though*

• Sure you can't question it sometimes you just have to believe that she or he likes you for a good reason.