I cheated, now what?

Last night after smoking and drinking with a friend things got a little out of hand when we kissed but I pulled back. We were both out of our own heads and he kept pursuing me and while I wanted to leave I couldn't drive no where. I sat in my car for some time and hoped i would come down from my high and that I could go home but I couldnt... It took a long time.

Nothing but two kisses happened but now I don't know if i should tell my bf. I don't plan on ever seeing my friend again. (I guess we aren't really friends in the end) I want to continue my relationship and pretend like yesterday never happened. Is that possible?

Please no rude advice... I feel terrible as is.

The guy from last night just texted me an apology about trying to kiss me and make me do things...

Most Helpful Girl

• Let sleeping dogs lie here, dear, do Not yap up a word to your soul mate. You will end up barking up the wrong tree with This that was Only a Kiss or two, Nothing More, Nothing less.
    I realize the guilt is most likely eating you up alive inside but try and put it behind you and be thankful it didn't go any further than it did. You made a mistake, no one is perfect so don't make yourself punished by putting yourself in the dog house.
    However, you need to set the record straight with 'The guy from last nite' who with his own 'Apology,' which could lead you down a problem path of More in store, should he decide to Continue trying to tighten the reins some by Talking you into a little 'Fun not under the sun' again. Tell him, should it happen to be brought up, that you don't want to be this party hound with him again, you have your bf, whom you don't want to cheat on again, and from now on, you are walking a very short leash.
    Good luck. xx

• Thoughtful opinion. Thank you for bringing me back to reality and helping me think through this.

• You are so welcome and thank you for allowing me the chance to do so.. relax this weekend and put it behind you.. tis a new year and still not to late to start a New.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 10

• if i was you i;d tell him... and if he went aggresive i'd pin him down.

and a 2 kisses are nothing... so you didn't cheat at all.

• Tell the cops you were sexually assaulted, and get the friend arrested. If your boyfriend is suspicious, pretend to cry, and call him an asshole. Don't stop until he does whatever you want. Repeat this as often as you like through the course of your relationship.

• Involving cops usually works for the girl's favor but you never know how those things can go. Once they are involved, that is a decision that cannot be taken back.

• I would never do that to someone. Me & him go back a few years and I should have been smart about the situation I was putting myself in. I would never hurt him by making those allegations to the law enforcement

• Asker, I was being ironic. I know you weren't asking for social commentary. My real advice to you is to confess and apologize immediately. Do not expect to be trusted thereafter. If he is willing to give you a second chance, ask him what you need to do to reestablish trust. It's hard to do the right thing after you fuck up. Good luck.

• You're responsible to know how much drinking can affect your decisions, so now is late for crying... Don't blame alcohol and smoking about it. It was you that kissed him, not the beer.

• You've obviously never been high and know the feeling that consumes your body. It wasn't an straight up kiss. I was slumped over sitting on the couch next to him and he pulled my hair up to look at him... I just said "ow" and froze there because again, I was high & moving super slow. Then he kissed me and I pulled away.

• Yes, I've never been high. But even if I had been, I would still blame me for my actions.

• Obviously, yet my actions were still compromised & I removed myself from the situation.

I just want to move on in my relationship and forget yesterday. I learned my lesson.

• Just a kiss isn't that bad. Tell your boyfriend what happened. Along with telling him what you did afterward.

• I think you are okay. I dont think what you did was cheating and I usually draw a hard line with that. You sat in your car, you wanted no part of it. Your friend planned this I would think. i dont know if you need to tell the BF. If you do be careful as he will ask did you kiss him back. But honesty is always best as they say. I think you were taken advantage of and lucky to get out of there.

• Don't be surprised if this bites you in the ass some day. You should be honest with your boyfriend. That's all I'll say.

• You tell your man, he does what he must, and life goes on.

• just forget it and pass on... your bf don't need to know.. it didn't go too far

• That's nothing to worry about you did the right thing

• well, explain it to him...

he may forgive you, but then nobody here knows his personality...

What Girls Said 7

• Whilst morally yeah you should tell him.. and 'cheating is cheating no matter how small'
    I don't think that kiss is worth destroying your relationship.

• Be honest with your boyfriend.

Tell him about the kisses and your reaction to them.

Chances are he will be angry and not trust you for a while.

• Tell him what happened ASAP. don't wait. Waiting looks like u had to think about it. Just tell him u were chillin and you can't believe he would try something like that. Then tell him you got this text (show him the text) ... the text is awesome n proves that u rejected him. !!! But ASAP! DONT WAIT.

• Thing is my communication with my bf is on and off. I have to wait regardless did I do. I haven't even seen him in 3weeks... I don't want this to be the first thing out my mouth

• Oh wow. 3 weeks. Then yes you can't say anything. Leave it alone. He'll have major trust issues after that. BUT if ur bf knows the other guy he needs to know b4 someone else tells him. that would b e worst.

• No, we don't have any mutual friends... & honestly, that was the only guy that I thought I could hang out with and nothing would happen. I never hang out with men because I wouldn't want to hurt my bf but things definitely did not go how I thiught. I have no interest in cheating.

• DO NOT TELL HIM I REPEAT DO NOT DO IT!!!
    How would you feel if it was him instead of you
    and stay away from that ''friend''

• Me and him are different people... I know how I would react but he has a bad temper and trust issues from his last relationship...

I plan on staying away from the guy and I made that clear to him this morning when he texted an apology. I just want my man...

• Be honest with your boyfriend - tell him what happened and explain how you felt about it all.

• Tell him what happened, secrets are never good in a relationship; you'll just have to deal with the consequences whatever they may be.

• Tell your boyfriend what happened, and see from there.