Follow up: Boyfriend put off by my boobs sagging due to weight loss.

In my previous question I had asked if large but sagging boobs are a turn off. Also, I have lost a lot of weight and the sagging was a result of that and weight loss.

My boyfriend wants me to get surgery done. Is this reasonable and should I expect this from whoever I date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe I'm a raging feminist for saying this --- but you should NEVER have to alter what you look like for someone else, unless YOU want to for yourself. If you are happy the way you are, or don't think it's that much of an issue, then don't waste the money on surgery! Splurge instead on something nice for yourself, or something meaningful that will make a difference to someone's life. Every girl's boobs will eventually sag - it's only a matter of when (and think about it... after you have children, not a lot of people can retain the same nubile body shape of their teenage years).

In an ideal world, the right guy will love you for who you are, not what you look like... unfortunately the world we live in is far from ideal --- and I know how important it is to us girls' self-esteem to be attractive to the opposite sex. It is totally understandable if you decide to go with surgery, but I, personally, would recommend against it if it's just to make your boyfriend happy. Would you do it just for yourself? Would it make you happy if your boyfriend wasn't a factor? It's the principle of the matter. ^_^ Just some food for thought.

• Well.. you can say that am a feminist too and I agree with every word you said 100%!

my boobs are getting saggier by the minute, they didn't look like that when I was 18 for example!

i honestly hate that fact! someday I might do something about it because id feel better abut myself!!

but IF my boyfriend doesn't like them the way they are and asks me such a thing! id dump his ugly ass because he is supposed to like me the way I am not they way he wants me to be! SCREW HIM

What Guys Said 3

• It could be a turn off for some guys, but then again large boobs in general are a turn off for me.

my suggestion is work out, do crunches, chest excercises, if you feel self conscious about them. that will slim them down a bit and make them firmer as well as just make your whole body healthy.

you say you've lost weight, so if your already excersizing you could easily add a chest muscle work out into your routine.

so its pretty simple...as far as sagging boobs, and not to sound bad, or inappropriate but worst case scenario, if it exists there is someone who has a fetish for it...

• This is a really tough situation.

If it's a turn off to him, it will more than likely cause problems in your relationship. He won't be as attracted to you now physically. So if he is the type to hung up on physical aspects then I think it's fair for him to tell you. Under no circumstances should he tell you to have surgery. He can express his concerns, but it's up to you to decide on the solution.

The problem is I think he's relying too much on physical aspects. If he loved you before and now it shouldn't be THAT big of a deal. He might prefer this or that type of boobs, but he should love you for you and it shouldn't be a huge factor. When you really love someone you overlook these type of things.

• Only if he's prepared to do what it takes to become more attractive to you. For example, perhaps you'd like him to put on some muscle weight (some/most women like that) or maybe you'd like him to change his hair. If he starts to make constraints on you so that you're more attractive to him, that's a good thing but only if he rewards your efforts by efforts of his own.

What Girls Said 3

• Luckily guys fall in love with you, not your boobs. So, yes, an insincere guy who is interested in a sexual fling and does not like saggy boobs, probably will be turned off. But unless you are going for a sexual fling, that isn't a problem. Oh, and definitely some guys could care less or be turned on by this.

In the end we all have our flaws in someone's eyes from a purely physical view. But, again, we don't fall in love with body parts or flaws or even perfection (yes, guys can sleep with their physically perfect girl and never fall in love with her), we fall in love on an emotional level. And, once, in love, well everything else tends to work out.

Oh, and Koloblicin's advice on exercise, well you probably already know that won't help. Saggy breasts are about skin elasticity not muscle tone. The skin has been stretched out and no amount of exercise will make it tighten up.

• I wouldn't find that reasonable if my boyfriend told me to get surgery.. I'd probably tell them to get lost actually. And no I wouldn't expect that from everyone, there are guys out there that will love you the way you are. Your boyfriend should be happy for you that you lost a lot of weight instead of telling you to get surgery, sounds like a jerk to me.

• You need to dump him because he should love every part of your body for the way it is, you lost weight and are trying to be healthy and he should respect that in every way. My boobs sag also but there's really nothing I could do about it its my body and if the guy doesn't like it then he could say good buy to me. You should not expect this from any guy he sounds like a real duh.