I hate texting in a relationship; dating now is way harder than it was 20 years ago?

Back then, you didn't have to text or talk to your significant other every freaking minute of every day. You had no way of stalking them like you do now with social media, and you didn't have to look at their profiles after a break up. Do you hate it or like it? How often do you text your significant other and is itba drag?

*is it a drag?

Most Helpful Guy

• I quite like it myself. Generally I don't expect to chat all day, every day but I do like to get a message every morning saying 'good morning.' It just lets me know that I'm one of the first things my girlfriend thinks of in the mornings :)
    Then if we have something to chat about then we can chat and if not then it doesn't bother me just to stop texting for a bit. Even blatantly saying "I don't really feel like texting at the moment. I'll talk to you later!" is totally reasonable. :)
    Profile stalking is a difficult one because it's never really bothered me. I've only had one breakup and I cared about the person so occasionally I'd just have a quick look to see how they were doing. (we ended on bad terms but you never really get over someone until at least half a year later)

That's my opinion on it anyway. :)

What Guys Said 4

• Yes technology is a boon and a bane. More of a bane than a boon.

Texting is convenient and helpful, but I am not going to check through out my day. PERIOD. I don't have time. So you can text me and I will answer you when I can. If you can't trust me to answer when I can and you think instead I am playing games with you, then we don't need to be together in the first place... and in fact we won't be for long once i figure that out about you.

I look at the world this way... it is a pretty messed up place. I am going to do my things my way, if the world has a problem with it, too bad. I surely can't be any worse than it is, and I just might be better. I view texting in the same light!

• Your post sounds like a dudes post.

Me thinks U a man pretending to be female.

• I hate texting, too. I'd much rather talk. Yes, I think dating is way harder now - not just because of technology but the way we are behaving (which did come from the technology). I hate it. Technology is good for some reaons, but not for others.

• I love sexting with my girls.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it's that bad because in a way you can stay in touch when you can't physically see each other. Also note the fact that if an emergency occured, it provides the ability to contact eachother immediately so you're not the last to know. Although it's a double edged sword in the sense that with the good comes the bad. Some people become to addicted and forget to be apart of the real world so the relationship basically becomes a virtual relationship, which isn't healthy.

• Back then everything was stupid like the 60s

• You were either between the ages of 1-4 or weren't even born 20 years ago lol don't complain about a decdecade you never got to experience for dating. XD Stop dating clingy, unsociable people.