Image you are at first date and your date mispronounce some words, would you correct him/her? OR would you ignore, tell later?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would probably think it was really cute, and I would keep it to myself unless she asks.

The way the words are pronounced, it doesn't really matter. The words she uses are what really counts. :-)

What Guys Said 18

• I wouldn't correct them on the date. I probably wouldn't ever correct them. It depends on how well they know the language or if they speak a different dialect.

• Yeah i wouldn't correct someone who mispronounces words, names I've
    had people for years can't say my name right but i never corrected them
    like my real name is Darren but had people call me Darryl for years but
    i don't correct them cause to me it makes no sense and wouldn't be polite
    for me to do.

• I'd probably tell her later on if we start dating.

• Depends on context, but as long as I understand the point then I'll let it slide. For a kiss, I'll give her a proper syntax lesson. Lesson 1 in French.

• no i don't correct people when mispronounce words

• I would jokingly correct the person out of habit. That's just me. If I see it bothers them that I corrected them I would openly apologize. If they have issue with pronunciation it might be difficult unless I thought it was cute.

• It depends. If it is way off I might ask her to say that again kindly. If she still says it wrong I might kindly correct her with a smile so she won't feel so awkward :)

• I woudln't correct her because I hate to be that guy. It's irritating when people do that to me so I try not to do it to other people and especially in a first date.

• Words are meaningless to me, and I'm a writer.

I dig fucking things up.

• 1|0
  • Someone who I don't know very well that I want to get to know I would not correct right away. It's better to focus on similarities than point out flaws.

• *imagine *on *your *mispronounces *them
    second third and last words are missing from the paragraph and... Yes they would mind, I couldn't imagine many people being ok with being corrected. I do it and always get in trouble for it 😕

• tell them later

• I wouldn't be correcting them but my facial expression will cause them to wonder what's going on with me, apparently my head will be going through some serious urge handling issues.

• I would correct them, but I would say what they mispronounced, but it a nice tone.

• depends on what they are...

nobody is perfect though..

• It would be annoying. Probably ignore it unless it happens again.

• where i live now, i dont get to speak my 'main language'
    i can speak this language pretty good, but there are some words that a just dont know, so i would even say 'dont think im an idiot, I've just been in this country for a few years and am still learning, PLEASE correct me if i say something wrong, after all i want to learn lol' witch is really true
    after these years in a new country I've noticed that some people really have problems in correcting somebody else... i would not think they are saying im an idiot if they did

What Girls Said 8

• I wouldn't correct him on the first date but if i go out with him again, and if he mispronounce the words again, I might say those words in the middle of conversation (hopefully in a right pronunciation since English isn't my first language either😛🙊) and he might notice them ☺️
    And if I mispronounce certain words repeatedly, i would want him to correct me ☺️ hopefully he finds it cute not annoying 🙊🙈

• I would probably correct them. That's just an annoying trait that I have. My family and friends get very annoyed by it haha.

• No i won't correct him lol

• It can actually be kinda cute like DodgersGM said.

• Hopefully they'd let it go and not mind. I mispronounce a lot. >_>

• Ignore it unless it is important to be mentioned. . I dont want to make him feel bad

• I'd just ignore them.
    I used to have a speech defect so I'm pretty understandable with that.

• I unconsciously correct people. Not even trying to be a ball buster. If I hear a word mispronounced I automatically say it correctly. That's how I am. I do it to myself too lol.