Why are guys so intimidated by tall girls?

I'm 17, and my entire dating life has been really short because of many guys later confessing to me that they liked me but were intimidated because I was tall or pretty.

But why do guys act this way? I'm 6"2 and have been 6"0 - 6"2 throughout high school and even though there are taller guys they don't even glance at me but the short guys do? I tried dating a short guy but it got incredibly awkward whenever he'd try to kiss me and had to get on a curb or - because I'm in a swing dance club - when we'd go dancing it just wouldn't work at all.

And don't say I shouldn't be waiting for guys to ask me and that I should make the moves, because I'M ALWAYS THE ONE WHO MAKES THE MOVE. Only ONE guy has ever made the move first and that was 3 years ago. >_<

I know it's intimidating to ask anyone out, but if I can ask guys out that are "intimidatingly tall" why can't guys?

Why are TALL guys so intimidated by tall girls?
And like why is it ALWAYS SHORT GUYS that want to date
its nothing against them at all I just personally can't date shorter guys, due to prior experience that didn't work well due to the reasons I already listed

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 6' 3.5" and I'm not intimidated by tall girls. Tall girls are great. Tall girls are the trend. You have good genes. Be proud of your height and try not to worry about it. (I know, you've probably heard that a million times, but it's true.)

• thanks ^_^
      I love being tall :D

• Yeah I was 6"0 when I was 14, tree branches galore! XD

• thank you for MHO !!!

What Guys Said 16

• I wouldn't mind dating a tall girl, then our kids can be professional athletes and all that good stuff lol.

• hmm... i am 6'7" i have never had a hard time asking a woman that was tall out. Sorry that you have had issues with not being asked out.

• it's not that I have had issues or not, just with the fact that if they do or if I ask them they later say something along the lines of "I'm glad you came to me first, your height scared me a bit"
      and then i dump them -_-

its annoying is all

• tall girls are hot in my opinion. yet i believe most guys find it harder to approach a taller girl... probably because of her presence? i don't know LOL

• I wouldn't be intimidated by your height. Honestly, it may have just been a lie on their parts.

• Ask your short guys to wear high heels...

• not at all. dated a girl taller than me for 4 years. she was 5 11 and me 5 10

• Some are, but not this short guy. ;)

Y'all tall girls got some legsss though...

• You're about an inch taller than me :P

I wouldn't be intimidated by your height. Your beauty? Hrm... possibly. But then again making the first move on a woman is still foreign to me...

• I do like taller women, but I prefer she be 6' or less since I'm 6'2".

• I personally find them hot and sexy

• It depends on the individual. If someone wouldn't date you just because of your physical height, are you really sure you would be interested in him?
    You're as tall as me, which I would consider ideal.

• no...

but then i'm not short, so perhaps this is why...

it's not somethign i can relate to..

• I'm taller than you and I find girls your height really attractive! I've never been intimidated by tall girls, and I've never been attracted to short girls. Being tall means long legs, good genetics, the likelihood of having tall kids, elegance and looks of a model. You are young, at your age girls grow faster than guys, but it will all get better in a few years time.

• You should rephrase the question. "Why are TALL guys so intimidated by tall girls?"

• I always assumed they never bothered because most guys know women won't date somebody shorter than themselves

• not true. My mother is 5'11 and her boyfriend (soon to be husband) is only 5'8. He is wearing risers at the wedding, and she's wearing flats so they can be the same height :)

• beauty can be overwhelming to guys, more so for shy guys, i am shy and find i can't even think when around an attractive girl

What Girls Said 4

• Woah you're taller than me! That's not common. It's funny when I hear about other tall women like you I think "wow that's so regal and modelesque". But for myself I still get insecure... even though I've made my piece with it. Like outside of dating? I LOVE being tall and getting asked if I'm a model. But when it comes to guys it can be awkward.

The comments on here are interesting tho!

• scientifically speaking it could be evolution; men naturally tend to gravitate toward shorter, curvier women. I'm pretty tall myself and understand how you feel, every guy thats ever taken an interest in me has been a good three inches shorter. I think taller people are just intimidating on size alone, regardless of how attractive they may be. Don't worry though, men love long legs, you'll find someone who will appreciate them. good luck.

• Short guys like tall girls.
    Tall guys like short guys.
    Most of the time. I'm not saying all.
    I wish I was tall

• It'll get better in college, I promose.