What age did you meet your SO?

I am 26 and still single and not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel. What age did you meet your SO?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's frustrating isn't it?
    Could somebody please alert my crush that I want him to fill in that role?

What Guys Said 4

• You and me both. It's a really long tunnel isn't it?

• Ridiculously long

• Well i hope things work out for you

• Thanks. Maybe 2015 will bring both of our SOs into our lives.

• Em single same..

• I met my French one all over again today :D

• At 27, myself.

For a long time, I was turned off to the idea of partnering with anyone, largely from witnessing what my depressive mother put my father through. I know I wouldn't be able to take it. Add to that being generally shy around girls, and I never dated or kissed anyone that entire time.

I was miserable for it. I found no fulfillment in living only for myself. One night I finally shut myself in my garage and stared long and hard at my car's ignition. For about twenty minutes I thought about ending it. All that stopped me was knowing what I'd be putting my family through. As much as there were problems growing up, as much as those problems have been allowed to slip into the past without being addressed, I couldn't hurt them in that way.

When Iraq fell apart, I was appalled by what ISIS is doing. I considered doing what other westerners have done and joining the YPG to fight them, but being as I speak no local languages and am neither a doctor nor a soldier, I knew I'd be worse than useless to them. I instead got involved with charity work for displaced persons in the region, and through that, I met the woman I'm with today.

It may work out, it may not. For all I know my life could still end at my own hand, but what we have is something I'm willing to fight for. If nothing else, she has showed me what it's possible to find.

The door is never shut.

What Girls Said 7

• We met when I was 14.

• Ehat you mean SO?

• significant other

• Oops sorry I met him when I was 22 and divorced him last year (he cheated) so since then I remain single and intend to stay like this

• When I was nineteen.

• This age, 18. :-)

• I know people who have met at 50 and are so inlove, you will find it :)

• I met my boyfriend at the age of 19

• Met him when i was 17

• How do you define significant other?

• Spouse/Life partner

• Ohhh well were not married but we met when I was 14 and he was 13.