Why do I not have a boyfriend?

Guys flirt with me often, and I flirt back, but it never goes beyond that. I don't understand. People tell me that I'm funny, smart and attractive, and I have a pretty good self image. Is the right guy just not out there yet, or is it me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Flirting back isn't enough to get a boyfriend. You have to actually do other stuff as well.

• So multiple women and a protective dad. Interesting. I seem to come across all these girls here saying they were told never to pursue. Its just really weird for me to understand because, as a guy, I was never told by anybody to pursue girls. It just seems like girls are given all these lessons on dating and guys are left to figure it out on their own. Its an interesting comparison.

• I think that's because guys are expected to go around and automatically know how to pursue girls because it's the "guy thing to do". It's all very biased.

What Guys Said 6

• Could be lots of reasons. Initial thought is the type of flirting back you do, maybe they're not getting the message you're sending.

You're 16, 17? There will be tons and tons of guys, especially after high school.

• I get that, it's just kind of frustrating when you're the only uncoupled person in your group of friends.

• As long as you're not feeling pressured/desperate, you'll be just fine.

• I don't really feel pressured, but even my friends don't get it.

• It's you, it sounds like your waiting for your Prince Charming or perfect guy. Your wasting more time asking this question when you can be going out to the mall and finding a guy to talk to and hang out with. They are in front of you, but you don't see it.

• Your basically waiting for them to make the first move and ask you out, but some boys are not as confident that you like the back so they usually just don't ask the girl out. You should make the first move and ask a boy out and then maybe you will have a boyfriend.

• I highly doubt you are funny. But the other two qualities should be enough to get the job done.

• How do you flirt back?

• For the most part, I am very sassy or I banter with the guy or try to make him laugh.

• You can still be a little sarcastic, but make sure you flirt like I told you and make sure they can tell when you're sarcastic or not. Otherwise guys your age will be confused if you're serious or not.

• That makes sense. Thanks for the advice.

• Maybe because you're stuck up
    Stop being so eh and take a chance with someone.

What Girls Said 2

• Flirting is a very.. surface thing. It's like introducing yourself to someone, something that mostly happens when you first meet a person. Flirting is more of a game. To get a real boyfriend that's actually worth it, you have to have something deeper. Maybe a potential boyfriend for you will appear if you put the flirting games aside and just treat him like a friend so that you guys get to really know each other, and from there, thats when things can start to connect. Hope things work out for you :)

• Just don't comes off as obsessive. #1 turn off is a clingy girl.