What was the real reason he was crying?

My boyfriend of 20 months and I were watching a TV show together. The one episode was kind of sad. Shortly after it ended I noticed he was crying. At first he just said it was because the show was sad. Then he said it made him think of us. He is in the military and is soon deploying. He also said he "does not know what he would do without me." I am just confused to why he was crying. Was it the show? or more?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is problably just sad that he can't spend more time with you. He wants to be with you and he is just upset that he is going to be deployed. The show might have been an excuse to cover up his sadness. I don't fully know what is going on in hishead, but please thank him for me. The service our troops do is amazing.

• I let him know that I loved him and that I was not going anywhere. The time and distance would not change how I felt.

• Sailor not solider lol.
      I'm just afraid of losing him after her comes home. Due to my schooling we may be separated for a bit.

• Okay. Sorry for the mix up. Still, I understand why you are nervous. If he truly likes you then he will stay with you. If he stays in the Navy the this will continuouslly be an issue. Think of it as a test. If you guys pass then you are problably ment for each other. I gotta run. Hope this helps. You can message me if you have more issues.

What Guys Said 3

• 20 months, why not just say almost 2 years. That's like what some people do with their babies, "oh he's 36 months old, such an infant!"

I think he clearly already said the reason, he's worried about the future between you.

• We watched the show a few days later and he said "I'm sorry I cried before. It was just sad"
      I replied "You do not need to be sorry. It also seemed like more was going on than just the show"
      He did not respond to that.

• Seems like he got embarrassed about crying, which wouldn't be surprising given that he's in the military.

• I let him know there was no need to be sorry. When he was crying I simply was there for him and comforted him.

• Probably just the show. I cried at the end of The Office even though I binge watched it in a month, a year after it already ended. Just such a great show.

• Then why did he say "It made me think of us" and "I don't know what I would do without you"?

• Well it's about relationships and you're in a relationship so that's why it made him think about you guys. Maybe he is thinking about the military.

Why don't you ask him for reals.

• I've tried. He changes the topic.

• "does not know what he would do without me." That's his reason right there.

What Girls Said 2

• Ask him why he was crying, how can strangers know?

He did not respond to that.

• Well only he is going to know why he was crying.

• Awww lol that's so cute. I've never seen a grown man cry.

Maybe he just cares about you a lot, you know?