A guy wants to be my boyfriend. Thing is, he has another girl friend. I need advice. What would you do?

He's my best friend. I've never cared for anyone like I do him. Either way I hope to keep him as a very close friend. It's a very hard/confusing situation.

by the way his girlfriend and I know about each other and have met.

• yes
  • no
  • maybe/depends

Most Helpful Girl

• Until he has broken up with his girlfriend He's off limits. How would you feel if your bf just decided he wanted a different girlfriend before actually breaking up with you? Once he's single go for it but if he's still in a relationship that's a really really bad way to start out.

What Guys Said 2

• he has a GF and he wants to be your BF? hahaa. it doesn't matter who is with who, just do it the right way.

• either he owns up to you and drops the other girl politely, or he's just gonna end up a standard cheating douche, no matter how good his intentions are right now

What Girls Said 5

• Just by the title alone- what in the world are you thinking? A person seeking another relationship while holding on to their current relationship "just in case" is a person with issues. I feel so sorry for the girlfriend. Even if he did leave her for you, I wouldn't date him because of his selfish actions. And because you seem OK with it, he will do the same or something similar to you.

• look if he really likes you and wants to be with you then he would break up with the other girl. If you are close friends let him know you dont want to ruin that, you woud be interested in a relationship if he is serious about it and only if he breaks up with the other girl first.
    not promise you he will end things actually end things before you two get together.

• Is he going to dump this girlfriend?

• What? already he has a gf, but also he wants you? really? in my opinion he has two heart ^^"

• Is he going to break up with his other gf? That is the question.