Girls would date this hipster idiot?

Let's assume the guy's top notch, socially experienced, understands women, educated, all class, hot and stuff, a cityboy in his late twenties but he still lives with one of his parents because, well, he hasn't probably found a good reason to move out and away. He isn't planning on buying his own house any time soon either, nor did he seek a corporate or government office. He says he wants to do things "differently."
Girls, I know you do like "different," but how exactly does it translate into your mind when you're presented with this guy, dating or hookups wise?

• I wouldn't know these exact details, he would twist the facts and it's somehow alright to date him
  • I would take this guy for a casual hookup. We may stay FWBs always
  • I would take this guy for a long term relationship
  • I try to know these things upfront and I throw that type of guys in the dumpster asap
  • Click here if you're a guy to see the results

Most Helpful Girl

• I could try to date him. The only real issue is that he has no intention of living independently any time soon. I totally get it when people can't afford to move out, but if they just don't want to... that's not attractive to me.

But I mean, if I really liked him, I would probably overlook it.

• Would you tolerate his mum? (if she's a nice person)

• Makes sense, thank you for answering my questions! :)

• Never a problem. :)

What Girls Said 8

• He sounds like an interesting person with a new perspective. I would date him.

What you wrote doesn't sound very hipster-like though.

• Maybe, slightly off the ledge. But wouldn't you be worried about the house or money in the future? That he probably isn't the modular guy in a suit behind an office or something?

• No. One can be a good provider without working in an office. I wouldn't date someone who seemed like he had no drive to succeed or do well. The person you described sounds like he has that.

• I agree. It's all about the spirit and the mind, they can change us all into any form we wish to be.

• I would not/will not ever date anyone who calls him/herself a hipster unless they are an actual hipster, and honestly? Nobody is anymore. Call me a snob, but I dream about a Cassidy or a Kerouac, and anybody who calls themselves a hipster who isn't a beatnik is so disgustingly fake to me that I can't stand it. So, while the guy seems fairly interesting (albeit unoriginal, but still not completely cookie-cutter-mold), I wouldn't date him - or even happily spend time with him - because of the improper usage of the word 'hipster.'

• The word hipster is only used in this question on this page, he wouldn't be running around telling you he was a hipster I believe lol And why do clothes or tattoos matter if someone's got the subcultural soul? As in being artsy or writing things, volunteering, etc?
      Or do you mean he needs to be a recognised artist like Jack Kerouac to get your emotional or sexual attention?

• Wow I love your passion! I'm not sure if it's the cold or I keep imagining that you're a true hipster? lol
      You're totally right about the pretentious ones, but thrift stores? What if a guy buys his stuff from there for the cheapness (jeans for £4 instead of £59) and manages to look better than someone who buys ugly things for hundreds of quids? And do you agree with volunteering instead of making serious money in general?

• I wouldn't call myself a true hipster. The beat generation is dead, which is a shame. It is, in my opinion, one of the greatest things the United States has ever had to offer. This, though, is definitely one of the things I am truly passionate about.
      I understand buying clothing items at thrift shops because they're cheaper, but again, it's the buying because it's fashionable bit that aggravates me. As a line in one of my absolute favourite poems goes, "The preppy kids go thrift shopping cos they think it sounds real fun/ But we go cos that's all we have money for/ Cos Momma works for the city, Momma only gets paid once a month." Not that my mam buys my clothing, but the point remains.
      It disturbs me that people will buy clothing for hundreds of pounds, no matter how beautiful (or ugly) it is. There are a lot of things wrong in the world for that to be happening. I'm a bit biased for that last question, cos I do a -lot- of it, but yes, I think volunteer work is generally better.

• I don't get why people hate hipsters so much.. ?

• I know right? Ask the girls who answered the poll lol

• I voted C, I don't mind dating someone who is not planning on moving out, the only thing that isn't good for me is not seeking a corporate or a government job.

• Thanks for your answer. Do you think you could talk him into seeking a stable career? What if he works on his own, as in a shop or small farm?

• Both, but mainly a lazy ass for me is someone who doesn't mind staying unemployed

• Makes sense!

• I would consider him if he really has a plan for future and works for it
    Not if he just makes an excuse for not working
    in his late 20s so should be financially stable

• How is he a hipster and why is he an idiot?
    Voted C.

• Thanks for voting! I couldn't find a better line to draw people into answering my question ;) He's probably a hipster because he wants to do things differently, and kind of idiot for being disconnected from the real life challenges such as the jobs market and mortgages etc. But that's probably a bad way to put it though! He could become a government official or a celebrity, who knows lol

• Hmm the way you worded it... You sound really mediocre.

• You sound unorganized.

• You sent me a pic of your dic. Ill post it in gag for people to see.

• Ughh, only half of it is visible anyway, but I knew I shouldn't have let you take pics of it when I was going inside

• I'm the type of person who doesn't ask many questions. I probably wouldn't know how unprepared he is for the future.
    Even if I did know I still would date him, because I like personality rather than success.

What Guys Said 4

• Ha, hipsters- They can see clearly, but wear glasses, they have a car, but ride a bike, wtf are they doing?

• Saving the environment usually and africa on holidays lel

• I don't know what a hipster is anymore. What is even hipster?

• lol nobody knows, I just thought it was a catchy headline

• what's wrong with him exactly?

• "Trying to find the truth in a redundant world"

• lol he probably has no friends