Guy Im talking to is texting me about his ex girlfriend. What does this mean? Am I being friend zoned or am I a rebound?

So Iv only been talking to this guy for like 2 weeks now and he texts me a lot and we've hung out a couple times and had a really good time but we both got out of long relationships so were taking it slow. He texted me the other day saying he saw his ex for the first time and it really messed with his head. I was so confused and just kind of went along with it and tried to relate to him and help him out but im so confused as to why he would come to me to talk about his ex. He says he hates her and he would ignore her when she tried to talk to him but I just dont understand why he would bring it up to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• All talking about an ex does is damage your current or future relationships. That is a bad move and red flag he still has issues with her and didn't get the closure he needed. Because if his "hate" for her he still has residual feelings, mixed at best, for her. This will only cloud his judgment with your or future relationships too. It is healthy to talk about what is bothering us with people we care about. But some issues need to be let go. I think ex's is one of them. Move on, water under the bridge. If discussions about his ex continue I would tell him he has too much baggage and she still holds too much of his attention to enter a relationship with him.

What Guys Said 2

• He's using you to get over her. You console him. Now this isn't a bad thing. My last relationship was technically a rebound, but I felt things for her that I hadn't felt for anyone else before. Whatever spurs your relationship shouldn't devalue it at all. That is assuming a relationship develops from this.

• Talking about an ex early in a relationship is a huge red flag. It screams rebound.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe rebound but it could be he just feels like he can tell you everything