I am a bad girlfriend?

My boyfriend got rid of all his hobbies and a majority of his social life for me. He studies a lot and rarely gets enough sleep.
Today I got angry at him because I was already stressed out about school , the last thing I need to hear him tell me was,"You can have 3 of the 2. A social life, sleep, or to study." Made me even more stressed out.
I've been stressed out for the longest about school. I am not exactly in the best mood right now :( I am the worst gf ever.
It isn't long before another smart, cuter, and funnier girl comes along who is not a cry bay or overly stressed.

Most Helpful Girl

• No you're not a bad girlfriend, you're just going through something right now

What Guys Said 3

• Or, you know, he might like you or something :p

How do you know he gave up his hobbies and social life for YOU? And do you still have a social life besides him? Because if you are each acting as the sole support network for the other, and you're both stressed... that's a recipe for crashing and burning. You need other people you can complain about stress to.

And snapping at people, even ones you care about, happens. Apologize and do your best to learn ways to deal with stress that don't involve snapping. A simple start is realizing when you're in a super stressed out and saying "hey, I'm really stressed out about this, can we not talk about it? In fact, I need a few minutes alone so I don't snap at you. I love you bunches ("like you a lot," whatever) and wouldn't want to do that." Then take a minute or two to calm down.

fwiw, I thought having 2 of the 3 was only grad school :p

• Wow. I'm not a controlling bitch. *thumbs down*

• Was that my "how do you know..." question? It was a straight up question. Maybe he has other stuff going on in his life, and it's not you. Maybe it was because you're a "controlling bitch." But someone giving up all the hobbies for someone else doesn't exactly sound 100% healthy, so I thought I'd ask for some more info there.

• *yawns* gosh, people on this site are not interesting at all. I bet half of the sexist guys don't have decent gf's who'll put up with their shitty behavior.

• yes u are actually and soon u will realise that if u don't get a control over this stress issue and don't learn to compromise in a relation ship u'll end up losing him to some one else... and this compromising goes for both men and women

• gielfriends never bad but doesn't givng a fuck ones

What Girls Said 2

• Well... to force him to get rid of his hobbies and his social life then not do the same thing is definitely very unfair... you both need a social life and hobbies away from each other, you need your space, go stop this leash sort of behavior and allow each other to have space to yourselves... life will always have it's stresses so don't do things that is going to complicate your life any more than it has to be, whatever insecurities you both have is nether of your faults so seperately you need to work on them and stay on top of yourselves, when your seeing each other so much it's going to be impoossible to get anything done.

• These are the times that you need eachother to get through.